|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 1, 2021|
|Category|| Consultancy |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Background and Context
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is an International Non-governmental organization and a member of SOS Children’s Villages International Federation. We started our humanitarian work in Ethiopia with the opening of our first Village in Mekelle, Northern part of Ethiopia in 1974. Since then, we have expanded our programs to different regions where there are significant needs for intervention and where we believe we can work in partnership with all relevant actors to bring sustainable positive outcomes for children’s and young people.
Today, we have grown significantly to meet the persistent challenges that confront Ethiopian children who have lost parental care and those that are at risk of losing their parental care. Working in close collaboration with international donors, local government and community based organizations across seven program locations; we aspire that every child grows up with love, respect and security.
To contribute to realization of SOS Children’s Villages ambition of reaching many more target groups and bringing sustainable impact, SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia has designed successor’s development program for business critical leadership positions. The program helps to mitigate risk associated with leadership departure and cultivates existing talent by matching promising co-workers with future MA needs. This program is part of SOS Children’s Villages talent management program aimed to identify interested and potential candidates and asses them as per the existing competencies.
The main objective of this training is to enhance current leaders coaching and mentoring capacity so that they can empower and nurture future successors for key business critical leadership position.
- Equip current leaders with practical knowledge and skill required to coach and mentor successors
- Expose leaders to efficient and effective coaching and mentoring technics
- Build coaching skills that can have a lasting impact SOS CVE ecosystem of leadership.
Scope of work
The consultant will be engaged with preparation of the training materials specific to Coaching and Mentoring, conduct the training for 3 consecutive days in a workshop scenario and finally submit the training evaluation and report. The training is planned be conducted in the month of July 2021.
The consultant will provide the below at the end of the training session:
- Certification of completion for trainees
- Training module
- Training report
- A short guiding document on how to coach successors
- An evaluation of the training participant’s knowledge before and after the training
The training methodology is expected to focus on interactive adult learning method and should incorporate learning, case studies, games, group disussuin and other learning and training approachs.
- For companies - company profile that shows its size and staff composition and staff profile
- For individual consultants - consultancy license and updates CV that demonstrates relevant prior experience and qualifications
- Relevant sector-specific experience and qualifications in Talent Management and related areas.
- Experience in adult learning/training
- Able to provide proof of having deliver similar trainings.
- Fluency in English language.
- Valid Trading License
- Valid Tax Registration Certificate (indicating TIN and VAT Number)
- Full and accurate physical, postal, telephone and email addresses
- Experience working with an INGO
Interested and eligible applicants must submit the application with the subject “Staff Leadership Capacity Building Training" before 5:00 PM of July 02, 2021. Submit application via SOSETHIOPIA.HROD@sos-ethiopia.org.
The application should include:
- Brief CV or ompany profile that shows its size and staff composition and staff profile along with a succinct rationale of how the consultant meet the requirements
- Budget , work plan and training manual with training topics content which will be later be reviewed.
- Indicative budget including professional fee, facilitation for training manual and others related to consultancy training in ETB
- Contact details for two referees for similar type of work.
Reserves the Right:
· SOS Children’s villages Ethiopia reserves all rights to accept or reject any or all bids.