|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 21, 2021|
|Category|| Consultancy |
|Job Type|| Part-time |
Amref Health Africa in Ethiopia
Amref Health Africa, headquartered in Kenya, is the largest Africa based international non-governmental organization (NGO) currently running programs in over 35 countries in Africa with lessons learnt over 60 years of engagement with governments, communities and partners to increase sustainable health access in Africa. Amref Health Africa also incorporates programme development, fundraising, partnership, advocacy, monitoring and evaluation, and has offices in Europe and North America as well as subsidiaries; Amref Flying Doctors, Amref Enterprises and the Amref International University. Amref Health Africa has been active in Ethiopia since the 1960’s and became fully operational and registered as an international NGO in 2002.
Services/Work Description: Customization and configuration of Moodle elearning platform for Continuing professional development
Program: The Health Workforce Improvement Program (HWIP) is a five- year (2020-2025) USAID funded project. Jhpiego leads the implementing consortium which includes Amref Health Africa, Management Sciences for Health, Ethiopian Midwives Association, Ethiopia Medical Association, Ethiopia Association of Anesthetist, and Ethiopian Nursing Association.
The program works with Ethiopian government authorities, including the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Science and Higher Education to strengthen the health workforce and health institutions at all levels. By optimizing the production, performance, and management of the health workforce, the ultimate goal is to help the Government of Ethiopia meet its goal of universal health coverage (UHC) for all its citizens.
The program will explore multi-sectoral and public-private partnerships, gender-transformative approaches, and evidence-based strategy to address Ethiopia’s health workforce challenges. Over the course of five-years, the program intends to:
· Improve competencies of the health workforce by improving the quality of pre-service, in-service, and continued learning (including eLearning)
· Strengthen national level health workforce regulation by coordinating and standardizing credentialing
· Institutionalize the generation and use of human resources for health (HRH) related evidence to inform decision-making
Amref health Africa is responsible for the digital learning in pre service and in-service education with the goal of increasing access to standardized, quality and accredited courses in in-service training and continuing professional development through a digital learning solution. Specifically, the program seeks to put in place a sustainable and efficient/effective digital learning solution supported with a robust governance and leadership structure, requisite infrastructure and capacities across the key stakeholders.
Under this program area, Amref will aim to:
i) Establish an enabling governance and leadership structure engaged in advocacy, design, development and maintenance of the digital learning solution;
ii) Develop and implement an ecosystem that supports the development and implementation of the digital learning solution targeting selected health professionals;
iii) Design and test sustainable alternatives with the capacity to run the digital learning solution for transition and sustainability; options include a national health council or a social enterprise led by a multidisciplinary staff to manage an independent and financially viable operation among others.
· A degree/masters in computer science, Educational Technology, or a related degree or qualification
· Minimum of five of experience in system development and testing
· Strong knowledge of technology and developments in the field of e-learning
· Demonstrated knowledge in developing Learning Platform or Course Management System (CMS)
· Proven experience in Moodle e-learning platform customization both front end and back end design
· Ability to manage time efficiently, effectively handle multiple tasks and competing priorities, as well as meet deadlines;
Knowledge of, and experience working with MoH, IST/CPD centers
Potential consultants are invited to collect TOR free of charge from our office or through one of the below email address until June 23, 22021 and can submit the proposal till June 24, 2021.
Our address is
Amref Health Africa, Ethiopia office
Behind Bole Medhanialem Church
Near to Abyssinia Building
P.O.Box 20855, Code 1000 AA