|Location||Durame, SNNPR, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 10, 2020|
|Category|| Business Administration |
Sales and Marketing
|Job Type|| Contract |
KMG Ethiopia has an intention to reorganize the exiting Women Business Center (WBC) to generate internal income that would support the realization of its vision- the elimination all forms of violence and discrimination against women, girls and marginalized community groups. Thus, KMG wants to hire a Business Center Manager that develops feasibility study and business plans for the Center and work with KMG to implement the plan accordingly. The WBC which is found in Durame consists of one cafeteria/ restaurant, bakery and pastry rooms, sewing hall, one store, and 6 small shops at the front side
It was established with the major objective of supporting women to develop their business and entrepreneurial skills that will enable them to compete effectively in the marketplace and improve their livelihood. The center was designed to bring women together to help them create business ideas, explore business opportunities and markets and networks. To this effect, the center has been providing short-term skill training in embroidery, sewing, weaving and hand crafts. The small shops were meant for displaying their products. Now we are interested in re-organizing and revitalizing the functioning of the WBC. Therefore, the objective of the position is to conduct feasibility study and business plan for supporting women and girls develop their entrepreneurial knowledge and skills through establishment of a modern business development services that may include short term skills training, business counseling and advising, small and micro enterprises incubation, market opportunity creation, product design and technology, and market premises, among others to women, girls and marginalized groups and at the same time generate income by adopting appropriate business model for running women’s economic empowerment program of the organization.
To this end, KMG has prepared this Terms of Reference (TOR) which serves as guide line for the manager who will be stationed at Durame and has the following functionsKey Roles and Responsibilities
- Conducts feasibility study and business plan for the Women Business Center within 3-6 months.
- Based on the study and business plan, develops annual operational plans for 3 years
- Conducts periodical marketing research to identify demand gaps for business products and services in the marketplace ,
- Facilitates Business Consultation sessions
- Works with Area office Manager in developing strategies for the Business Centers and improving products and services.
- Conducts trainings and assist sessional trainers of BC to facilitate and deliver training sessions.
- Develops creative strategies to retain the clients including interviewing them to take their feedback and incorporate it into the annual operational plans.
- Establishes and maintains linkages with key stakeholders.
- Develops in-depth knowledge about business development practices, marketing activities, prospective clients and industry trends.
- Manages the financial, material and human resources of the Center.
- Establishes Monitoring and Evaluation system for the Center and ensures continuous monitoring and evaluation of clients are conducted and update database accordingly.
- Prepares and submits periodic analytical program and financial reports to all stakeholders.
- Represents KMG in front of the government bodies and other stakeholders regarding the business center.
- Creates partnership with other similar business development centers at zonal, regional and national levels.
- Develops a full-fledged human resources need of the center and HR plan.
- Manages the teams in the BMC and build their capacity.
- Performs other duties as required by his/her supervisor
Terms of Employment: a one year contract with possibility of extension based on performance
Reports to the Durame Center Manager
Qualification and Experience
- The manager need to have second degree in business administration/management, economics/marketing, and proven
- 10-15 years’ experience in conducting feasibility study and business plan development; managing Small Scale and Micro Enterprises, project planning, organizing, coordinating, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Business Development Services.
- Out of 10-15 years experience, he/she should have 5 years demonstrable proficiency in feasibility study and business plan development. Besides, he/she should possess a significant entrepreneurship background,
- Excellent computer skills and new interactive media user skills( social media platforms) and the ability to write and communicate clearly, and analytically in English and Amharic.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV via firstname.lastname@example.org
Only a few candidates will be contacted
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply