|Date Posted||October 7, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
Health Care / Medical
|Job Type|| Contract |
Call for Consultancy (including freelance) for the roles of Trachoma Grader
The Fred Hollows Foundation Ethiopia is implementing trachoma elimination programs in Oromia Region, Ethiopia. The Foundation is working hard to eliminate avoidable blindness.
1. Examine people for clinical signs of trachoma in target districts
2. Play key role in investigating study HH members’ eyes for the presence or absence of TF, TI and TT
3. Properly communicate examination result to recorder
4. Play as team leader during the data collection
5. Communicate supervisor, FHFE facilitator for any challenge encountered in the field.
6. Complete cluster level data collection in a day with required number of children age under five
In order to help us achieve our vision, we are currently looking for the position with relevant educational background & other essential criteria including;
· Degree in Public Health, International Development, or in a related field.
· Solid experience in Trachoma programming
· Previous experience and the required skill set for the roles stipulated in the table
· Ability to work effectively in cross-cultural and mixed-language environments.
· Energy, flexibility and resilience, a team playing approach, and a can-do attitude.
· Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
1. experienced ophthalmic nurses or ophthalmic Assistants or Cataract Surgeons may be ideal.
2. Experienced in grading trachoma in the community using the WHO simplified grading system.
3. Having strong skill in grading of TF, TI with adequate knowledge of eyelid & field data collection.
1. Tropical Data-certified grader
2. Willing to commit at least 60 days in the field with possible extension
3. Fluency in local language (Should be able to communicate with the community using Oromifa).
Applications should be made only via ethiojobs and should include your resume and cover letter addressing all areas expressed in the ‘experience, skills & attributes’ section of the role purpose as well as details of your current and expected salary.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have the appropriate skills and experience and the ability to travel throughout the Oromia Region.
The application will be closed in October 14, 2021.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child-safe environment.