|Date Posted||October 7, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
Health Care / Medical
|Job Type|| Contract |
Call for Consultancy (including freelance) for the roles of Trachoma Grader Trainers
The Fred Hollows Foundation Ethiopia is implementing trachoma elimination programs in Oromia Region, Ethiopia. The Foundation is working hard to eliminate avoidable blindness.
Trainers should ensure that they are completely familiar with all the details in the manual (Tropical Data Training system for trachoma prevalence surveys VERSION 3) before commencing training. This is likely to require up to six hours spent studying the manual.
In order to help us achieve our vision, we are currently looking for the position with relevant educational background & other essential criteria including;
· Degree in Public Health, International Development, or in a related field.
· Solid experience in Trachoma programming
· Previous experience and the required skill set for the roles stipulated in the table
· Ability to work effectively in cross-cultural and mixed-language environments.
· Energy, flexibility and resilience, a team playing approach, and a can-do attitude.
· Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
1. Ophthalmologist &/or experienced ophthalmic nurses or ophthalmic Assistants or Cataract Surgeons may be ideal.
2. Experienced in grading trachoma in the community using the WHO simplified grading system.
3. Have strong skill set for the tasks at hand and an ability to impart that skill set to others evidenced by one or more years of experience as trainer.
4. Must know how to grade TF,
5. Should know how to grade TI,
6. Nice to know anatomy of eyelid
- Tropical Data-certified grader trainers,
- Willing to commit full time during the training week (5-7 days)
Applications should be made only via ethiojobs and should include your resume and cover letter addressing all areas expressed in the ‘experience, skills & attributes’ section of the role purpose as well as details of your current and expected salary.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have the appropriate skills and experience and the ability to travel throughout the Oromia Region.
The application will be closed in October 14, 2021.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child-safe environment.