|Date Posted||October 7, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
Health Care / Medical
|Job Type|| Contract |
Call for Consultancy (including freelance) for the roles of Trachoma Recorder
The Fred Hollows Foundation Ethiopia is implementing trachoma elimination programs in Oromia Region, Ethiopia. The Foundation is working hard to eliminate avoidable blindness.
1. Play key role in recording the data as informed by grader for study HH members’ eyes for the presence or absence of TF, TI and TT
2. Collect data of F&E as per the protocol
3. Properly conduct the mobile data collection as per the protocol
4. Communicate supervisor, FHFE facilitator for any challenge encountered in the field.
5. Send/upload the cluster data on daily bases and ensure data completely sent to tropical data website
In order to help us achieve our vision, we are currently looking for the position with relevant educational background & other essential criteria including;
· Degree in Public Health, International Development, or in a related field.
· Solid experience in Trachoma programming
· Previous experience and the required skill set for the roles stipulated in the table
· Ability to work effectively in cross-cultural and mixed-language environments.
· Energy, flexibility and resilience, a team playing approach, and a can-do attitude.
· Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
1. Candidate recorder trainers should be experienced in data collection and be thoroughly familiar with the operation of a smartphone.
2. Have strong skill set for the tasks at hand and an ability to impart that skill set to others evidenced by one or more years of experience as filed data collector.
1. Tropical Data-certified recorder,
2. Willing to commit at least 60 days in the field with possible extension
3. Fluency in Oromifa
Applications should be made only via ethiojobs and should include your resume and cover letter addressing all areas expressed in the ‘experience, skills & attributes’ section of the role purpose as well as details of your current and expected salary.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have the appropriate skills and experience and the ability to travel throughout the Oromia Region.
The application will be closed in October 14, 2021.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child-safe environment.