|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 22, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
ICOS Consulting PLC, sister company of MassDel, is one of the fast-growing consulting firms in Ethiopia, combining deep industry/sector knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy development and execution, monitoring and evaluation, project feasibility studies, organizational restructuring, leadership development, and research. ICOS envisions becoming a trusted and reputed regional development and management consulting firm. ICOS Consulting, established in 2009 G.C., is headquartered in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and has branch office in Rwanda. Due to our planned strategic growth, we are interested in strengthening our consulting and research team with outstanding graduates on a full-time basis.
If you have a strong academic record, can demonstrate outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills and are keen to put your intellect, curiosity and enthusiasm to the test in a high-pressure, client-driven environment, we would like to hear from you. In return, we can offer you a challenging career to develop the skills and competencies you require to become an outstanding consultant.
We are looking to hire trainee consultants. The trainee consultants’ main duties include preparing research proposal and, participate in data collection, participate in data management and analysis, and others. ICOS invites outstanding, motivated and qualified candidates to apply for the trainee consultant vacant positions
- Write research proposals by applying valid scientific techniques.
- Prepare field work schedule and budget for approval.
- Write field research and training manuals and protocols for field researchers.
- Design sampling technique and sample size appropriate for each research type or objective.
- Develop research design and methodology, data collection tools, and data collection plan,
- Collaborate with other researchers and consultants in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of research projects.
- Produce documentation of the study instrument development process, data collection methods, sampling designs, and decisions related to sample statistical weighting.
- Participate in data collection.
- Contribute to and participate in data analysis and report writing.
- Coordinate and manage research and consultancy projects.
- Monitor and evaluate field research progress and performance.
- Review, classify, and clean data in preparation for computer analysis.
- Prepare data analysis plan.
- Process data for statistical modeling and graphic analysis, using computers.
- Report results of statistical analyses, including information in the form of graphs, charts, and tables.
- Interpret and analyze data using appropriate statistical and qualitative data analysis software
- Write research reports and present findings to clients and other stakeholders
- Follow a strict code of ethics and protecting any confidential information at all times.
- Propose techniques to improve research quality and team productivity.
- Prepare data for processing by organizing information, checking for any inaccuracies, and adjusting and weighting the raw data.
- Develop and implement strategies to improve data quality.
- Undertake related other tasks as assigned by the manager/s.
- At least bachelor’s degree preferably in research, economics, leadership, public administration, development studies, management, monitoring and evaluation, statistics, quantitative and/or qualitative research, data science, business analytics, marketing research, operations research, and public health and other research related fields.
- CGPA of 3.5 and above.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in English language is a must
- Ability to work collaboratively within and across teams
- Exceptional statistical and mathematical aptitude.
- Exceptional analytical capability.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative research methodologies and techniques.
- Proficiency in one or more statistical programs, as well as advanced-level MS Office skills
- Detail-oriented and highly-organized, able to coordinate on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, and have an analytical mindset
- Excellent time management and prioritization
- Enjoys problem-solving, group brainstorming, and other innovative thinking
Interested applicants who meet the above minimum requirements can send their applications, resume, and electronic copies of their credentials, including diploma and student copy (if available), and others to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. All applications should be received until July 5, 2021). Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.