|Location||Hawassa, Sidama, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 12, 2021|
|Category|| Consultancy |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Reports to: Associate scale-up Manager
Direct Reports: N/A
Based in: Hawassa
Duration of contract: Indefinite based on performance and availability of funds.
Remuneration: As per organization pay scale plus other PSI/Ethiopia staff benefits.
Who we are?
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non‐profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing. We are a $560m enterprise based in Washington, DC, operating in the private and public sectors in more than 65 countries.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds - from the medical industry to the music business - all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI/Ethiopia wants reimagine healthcare, put the consumer at the center, and whenever possible, bring quality care to the front door. We achieve health impact in Ethiopia by working with both government and private partners and harvesting technology innovation to bring quality care closer to communities, schools, and homes. We empower consumers by including them in the design of healthcare solutions, offering them more healthcare choices, and helping them to have a voice in influencing national priorities. We work with all market actors in the health system to understand their needs, designing and delivering solutions so that market systems can sustainably serve consumers for the long term, helping to support the Government of Ethiopia in achieving Universal Health Coverage.
We are looking for a motivated Training coordinator for a Smart Start Scale up and system strengthening Program called RISE (Roadmap to Integrate Smart Start in Ethiopia) to make a contribution to train a total of more than 30,000 HEWs and 240,000 WDAs on a prove working solution called Smart Start at the respective regions. You are responsible to train and support the health service providers and community cadres under the respective region according to a defined training roadmap considering pre-service, refresher and on job training schemes executed under the work plan and leadership of regional health bureaus.
Under the supervision of the Associate scale up Manager the Training coordinator will be primarily responsible, to lead the training, mentoring and coaching of the health service providers and community cadres to enable them become adolescent friendly while they deliver Smart Start to the hardest to reach married adolescent girls in the country.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- In close collaboration with the training and learning advisor and A360 team at different levels, the regional training coordinator is expected to plan and execute all the training requirements at regional and district level.
- In close coordination with regional health bureaus and woreda health offices and other partners, lead and coordinate planning and cascade of Smart start training.
- Provide general administrative, technical assistance, support the regional and district implementers.
- Ensure the proper and timely implementation and quality of Smart start trainings and deliverables.
- Keeping data of training supplies and training materials up to date.
- Obtain and keep training records and files up to date.
- Record and keep track of all training monitoring and evaluation tools like registration and attendance.
- Report regularly to supervisor(s)
- Other training administrating tasks not covered by the above assigned by supervisor.
- Support the integration of smart start training into the HEWs IRT and pre-services training curriculum
- Assess training gaps and recommend
- Assess quality of smart start training provide technical assistance
- Ensure that the PHCUs and woreda health offices own and integrate smart start training into their plan.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Nursing, midwife, Social Science, Education, population studies or related fields with three (3) years of demonstrated experience on training/TOT as well as learning and knowledge management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Nursing, midwife, Social Science, Education, population studies or related fields with five (5) years of demonstrated experience on training/TOT as well as learning and knowledge management.
What would get us excited?
- Certificate in National comprehensive Family planning training
- Experience on adolescents and youth focused programs.
- Able to work within a very innovative and dynamic type of program.
- Computer application skills.
- Experience in operation at different level within the existing structure of MOH.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and other local languages.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good team spirit.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% time away from head office.
- Ability to follow deadlines, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to deliver in time under stressful situation without compromising quality.
- Proficient in English and local languages, both written and verbal communication
Are you intrigued? Apply!
By following our 3 steps application process:
1. Fill out the application form using the following link: Online Application Form. It will only take 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Send your CV and application letter to email@example.com clearly mark “Application for Training Coordinator Position” in the subject line.
3. Check your email and make sure you receive an automatic response acknowledging receipt of your application that means your application was successful. If you don’t receive the automatic response, check again your subject line and if needed, re-submit your CV and application letter with the correct subject.
Application deadline June 17, 2021 We’ll call or e-mail you back if there is a good fit on both sides.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.