|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 8, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Ethiopian Center for Disability and Development (ECDD)
The Ethiopian Center for Disability and Development (ECDD) Association was established in 2005 and is registered under the Charities and Societies Proclamation No. 621/2009 as an Ethiopian Residents Charity. It has 60 Association members, a 7-member Board of Directors, and 40 staff members, the majority being persons with disabilities. ECDD works collaboratively with other organizations to promote, facilitate and build capacity for “inclusive development” – the inclusion of disability issues and persons with disabilities in mainstream government and non-governmental service delivery and development programs.
Description of Tasks
The ECDD Training Officer reports to the ECDD Program Director and is a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT). The Director is responsible for managing and providing technical guidance for the planning, organization, implementation and evaluation of all ECDD training activities. Specifically, the Training Officer will:
1. Prepare an ECDD Training Strategy to promote and support the mainstreaming of disability issues and persons with disabilities in Government service delivery, Civil Society Organization (CSO) development programs, and in public and private sector employment.
2. Organize and participate in Disability Awareness and Inclusion Training (DAIT) courses for government personnel, leaders of organizations of persons with disabilities (OPDs), and CSO personnel on disability inclusion and development strategies, and on how to include and benefit persons with disabilities and their families.
3. Organize and participate in Disability Inclusive Employment Training (DIET) courses for human resource managers and other personnel of public and private sector companies, in order to promote internships and the employment of persons with disabilities.
4. Support the organization of DAIT and DIET courses by ECDD Project personnel, acting as a resource person and overseeing the conduct of the courses.
5. Review and enhance the curricula of the DAIT and DIET courses and methodology, and prepare training materials for use in the courses, using materials already developed by and available from other organizations. Arrange for translation into Amharic as needed.
6. Prepare an ECDD Training Manual, describing the various ECDD training courses, methodologies and materials.
7. Plan and organize ToT training and refresher training courses for ECDD trainers and trainers of other organizations.
8. Consult with and involve members of the Federation of Ethiopian National Associations of Persons with Disabilities (FENAPD), the Ethiopian National Disability Action Network (ENDAN), and other organizations in the formulation of strategies, and in the conduct of the training courses.
9. Organize the annual ECDD Academy training program to prepare university graduates with disabilities for ECDD employment. Prepare the Academy training curriculum, training schedule, and training materials, and organize trainers. Participate as an Academy trainer.
10. Organize ECDD staff development training to address needs identified by ECDD staff and management.
11. Devise and implement a methodology for the evaluation of all ECDD training activities, in collaboration with the ECDD Program Director, ECDD Monitoring and Evaluation staff and ECDD Project Coordinators/Officers.
12. Undertake such other tasks as may be assigned by the ECDD Program Director.
MA degree in a social science.
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience.
- Previous experience of organizing and providing training courses.
- Previous experience working with persons with disabilities desirable.
- Good training and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use standard computer software programs.
- Proven writing skills.
- Competent in reading, writing, and speaking English and Amharic, and/or use of Ethiopian sign language.
- Knowledge of other languages desirable.
- Ability and willingness to travel in the country.
Fill the ECDD Job Application Form by clicking on the link http://www.ecdd-ethiopia.org/vacancy-list/384-ecdd-application-form.html.
Submit with your application letter and CV only, combined it together then convert it into PDF format (testimonials/supporting documents are not required at this stage) the file not more than one MB (1MB)
*** The filename uses your full name
*** write the vacant position in the Subject area.
via www.ethiojobs.net or by e-mail to HRecdd@ecdd-ethiopia.org or hand-delivered in a sealed envelope to the ECDD Office – Meskel Flower Road behind Dreamliner Hotel, Tele: +251-114-165859 or through p. o. box 1530 code 1250, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Relevant documents will be requested after screening.
Deadline: Ten (10) Working Days following the posting of this announcement