|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 31, 2019|
|Category|| Social Sciences |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
CIAI – Italian Association for Aid to Children is a child focused International CSO working in different regional states of Ethiopia. At the moment the Organization is looking for a Training Officer to be included among its staff.
CIAI is a Child safe organization and is committed to the safeguarding and protection of children. The selected candidate will be asked to adhere to CIAI standards and principles, and sign the CIAI Child Safeguarding and Protection Policy and other key policies. During the selection process CIAI will request to provide references and criminal record.
Level of Contact with Children: Medium-high (contact with children and young people when carrying out monitoring visits and research).
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The Training Officer will work on the project “EMERGENCY INITIATIVE TO FIGHT HUMAN TRAFFICKING AND THE EXPLOITATION OF MIGRANTS AND TO SUPPORT THE REINTEGRATION OF RETURNEES”, funded by the Italian Cooperation Agency. The project is implemented in Addis Ketema sub-city (Merkato area) and is aimed at contribute to increase the awareness on the role of local authorities in the management of migration and to improve the living conditions of the groups at risk or affected by irregular migration. The Training Officer will be responsible of the following activities:
- Organize and follow all the activities as for their plan, implementation and financial requirements are concerned;
- Facilitate trainings for the local government staffs, potential migrants, returnees and the community;
- Facilitate community conversations for the community;
- Facilitate the selection of returnees, their enrollment in vocational training centers and undertaking follow-ups;
- Interact and work with close collaboration with the Local Authorities (sub city labor & social and women & children affairs offices);
- Prepare quarterly narrative and financial report to be submitted to the HQ in Italy and to the lead of the consortium;
- Perform any other activity requested by the supervisor and related to the project and to CIAI’s activities in Addis.
- Degree in social science fields (preferably, in psychology, sociology and social work),
- 4 and above years of experience in development cooperation field,
- Very good social and relational skills,
- Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken),
- Informatic knowledge (Office),
- Ethiopian citizenship,
Interested applicants are required to send their applications including detailed CV (max. 3 pages); motivation letter (max 1 page); names and contact information of minimum 2 referees knowledgeable about applicant’s professional qualifications and work experience. All the documentation must be sent in English to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com within 10 consecutive days from the date of this announcement