|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 25, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
HANZ Consulting is currently recruiting for the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) funded private health sector evaluation project in Ethiopia. The project conducts an evaluation of the role and the potential of the private health sector in Ethiopia to increase access to family planning services. The position holders will closely work with HANZ team and Senior Consultants.
Major duties & responsibilities
- Translate documents/knowledge products to different local languages; Amharic, Oromiffa, Afar language, and Somali language;
compile information, such as technical terms used into glossaries and terminology databases to be used in translations;
- Check translation of technical terms and terminology to ensure that they are accurate and remain consistent throughout translation revisions;
- Proofread, edit, and revise translated materials;
- Relay the style and tone of the original language;
- Refer to reference materials such as dictionaries, lexicons, encyclopedias, and computerized terminology banks as needed to ensure translation accuracy.
- Identify and resolve conflicts related to the meanings of words, concepts, practices, or behaviors;
- Provide translation of modifications/changes/comments made by the team
Required number: 4
Qualification & Experience
- MA in Linguistics, Communications and Journalism and Related fields, BA in language, literature and related fields.
- MA 4 years of translation and interpretation experience, BA 6 years of Translation Experience.
- Ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to write, speak, listen, and reading Afar language is mandatory
- Excellent interpersonal skills, technical writing skills
- Good sense of time management and IT skills
- Proven ability to negotiate and to troubleshoot relationships with a variety of stakeholders;
- Ability to adapt quickly to new work environments, to establish and maintain good working relations with individuals of different backgrounds, and to work under pressure;
- Fluency in work processing, spreadsheets, project management, and internet technology.
- Not be a member of any political party