|Location||Pugnido, Gambela, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 2, 2021|
|Category|| Logistics |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Employment Type : Definite Period
- Appropriately Managing PO Transport and Logistics unit functions in line with professional principles and Concern Ethiopia’s rules and regulation. Coordinating the efficient and effective operation of Concern Gondar fleet and logistical functions.
Main Duties & Responsibilities;
- Coordinates weekly transport plans; organises and follows up their daily implementations,
- Collects daily check-up and weekly repair requests by Drivers; prepares a maintenance schedule for all vehicles; ensures that preventive maintenance system is strictly adhered to, proper inspection of vehicles maintenance is carried out and job cards completed on time,
- Maintains and updates hard and soft copy of records and files related to vehicle maintenance and other operations,
- Advises on spare parts requirements; submits orders of spare parts (including requests of fast moving) and items necessary for workshop purposes,
- Ensures that spare parts request, purchase, issue and replacement are as per Concern’s logistics, transport and transport policy and procedures; maintains appropriate database for custody, reuse and discarding of used vehicle parts,
- Monitors logbooks and vehicles charge sheet of Drivers on a weekly basis; compiles and submits monthly report of maintenance cost summary, fuel usage, personal mileage and KM analysis and submits with recommendations to the Programme Systems and Transport and Logistics Managers,
- Ensures that Gambella vehicles are checked annually in accordance with Ethiopian traffic regulations and all Drivers have valid driving licences and conducted eye test as required,
- Supervises the maintenance of high standard of Health and Safety within the working environment; ensures that the no-smoking policy is upheld within all the vehicles and workshop area,
- Coordinates the scheduled and efficient re-fuelling of vehicles that takes into account the interest of all parties involved; i.e. vehicle users, Drivers, stores and etc.,
- Responsible to manage rented vehicle based on Concern Worldwide transport policy and agreement signed with suppliers.
- Responsible for practical application of safety and security guidelines in the area of transport and office compound.
- Supervises the receipt and dispatch of items by and to the PO store,
- Ensures that all Concern stores (including field based satellite stores) are maintaining appropriate and accurate stock records,
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, bi-annually and annually materials and commodity receiving and issuing reports for Head Office/Gambella program office and user units and cross-checks and updates user units with status of their inventory items on a monthly basis,
- Follows-up the independent validation of accurate materials and commodities receipt by end users (partners, satellite stores at construction sites) and ensures proper maintenance of records at various levels of the PO; ensures the timely return of documents confirming receipts of materials issued from the PO,
- Makes periodic field visit to ensure that materials issued are utilised according to laid down procedures; undertakes random checks at field stores to monitor quality of storage and stock counts,
- Makes recommendations to the Programme Management on steps to be taken to improve Inventories Management Systems and discarding of non-usable items,
- Follows-up the timely renewal of warehouse/office rental and supply contract agreement,
- Undertakes annual asset inventory in collaboration with pertinent Systems and Finance staff,
- Supports the purchasing functions through the provision of dedicated vehicle, availing alternative in case of breakdown or repair, expediting the repair and maintenance of the vehicle, etc.,
- Contribute to the planning & preparation of Transport & logistics unit annual budget & revision
- Monitor the budget utilization of transport unit to ensure efficient utilization of allocated money
- Ensures that spare parts procured through a contract agreement are genuine and delivered on time and settled timely to ensure smooth relation with clients;
- Participate in the recruitment of drivers and other transport and logistics staff
- Coach and support transport & log team
- Supervises and monitors the performance of all directly supervised staff; evaluates their performance against Performance and Development Review (PDR) and undertakes periodic assessments; maintains records related to their movement, benefit, etc
- Create good net working with local transport authority to ensure PO vehicles are inspected annually for safety & insurance
- Create network with suppliers and service providers
- Seek technical advice and get confirmation from Head Office/Area office transport unit for the fairness of the price of spare parts prior to processing payment to the supplier
- Provide brief periodical Transport & logistics reports to line manager & HO transport & logistics Officer
- Concern is committed to responding to emergencies efficiently and effectively in order to help affected people meet their basic needs, alleviate suffering and maintain their dignity. To this end, when emergencies strike and the Ethiopia Programme is to respond, all staff are required to actively participate in the response, regardless of location and contribute to the efforts aimed at achieving the humanitarian objective of the organization.
- Demonstrate understanding of Concern Ethiopia’s Gender Equality Strategy
- Contribute to ensuring that Concern Ethiopia is a place where men and women are treated equally and with dignity and respect
- Demonstrate gender equality awareness and gender sensitivity and an ability to integrate a gender equality perspective into tasks and activities.
In line with Concern’s commitments under the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS):
- actively promote meaningful community participation and consultation at all stages of the project cycle (planning, implementation, M&E);
- work with relevant colleagues to ensure that the Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM) is functional and accessible, that feedback and complaints are welcomed and addressed;
- Work with relevant colleagues to ensure that information about CRM, safeguarding and expected staff behaviour is disseminated among programme participants and communities.
- BSc Degree in Logistics/Transport, Supply Management, Management &related fields with minimum of three years or Diploma five years relevant experience
- Computer literate
- NGO experience in emergency projects is an advantage
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written English.
- Good interpersonal skills and team player with sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Ability to work under pressure
Knowledge of participatory approaches
- Ability to work with teams at distance and good team player
- Ability to plan own work, set priorities, complete work under pressure or when faced with competing demands and report
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
What We Offer
- A competitive salary and benefit package
- Excellent medical benefits (100% cover including dependents)
- 20 days annual leave
- 26 weeks (paid) maternity leave, 18 weeks (unpaid) parental leave
Interested applicants should send non-returnable C.V., application letter outlining how their experience and education fit this vacancy, please note that no need to submit your supporting documents at this stage:
Ethiojobs.net OR Concern Ethiopia OR apply in person at Concern Worldwide Pugnido, Gambella Office
Safeguarding at Concern: Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
Concern has an organizational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organization, and the standards of behavior expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organization to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies. Additionally, Concern is committed to the safeguarding and protection of vulnerable adults and children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work or volunteer with vulnerable adults and children are recruited by us for such roles. Subsequently, working or volunteering with Concern is subject to a range of vetting checks, including criminal background checking.
Women applicants are highly encouraged to apply.