|Location||Dalol; Erebti, Afar, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 21, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The incumbent of this position represents Save the Children values and principles in interactions with staff and external audiences. These values and principles include commitment to the mission of Save the Children, team orientation, quality management and leadership development, introducing systems and procedures to strengthen staff motivation and productivity.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- In charge for SFP quality program implementation and monthly SFP activity in the woreda
- Works closely with EOS/TSFP in project areas if available
- Organizes training and gives technical support in EOS
- Responsible for supervising and manage supplementary food in pre- mix basis
- Ensure availability of required material for pre- mix
- Supervise and ensure sanitary preparation of premix
- Monitors the commodity status for SFP
- S/He also supports the SC/OTP programs
- Participate in capacity building training, in health education sessions and ENA/BCC application
- Follow up absentees/defaulters and keep current record of both beneficiaries and the staff (CHAs, volunteers).
- Responsible for the outreach work and follow up of community volunteers/women
- Responsible for follow up and report of cases referred by Community volunteers
- Supervises the organization, sanitation, technical quality and availability of supplies in SC/OTP/SFP.
- Supports the compilation of monthly report.
- Supports the program integration with DPPO and MoH through on job trainings and supervisions
- Organizes monthly report and report on time to the CMAM Coordinator and provides updates when needed
- Provides a regular monthly over view of supplies and other necessary materials
- Any other duty given from time to time from CMAM Nutrition Officer and Manager
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- BSc/Diploma in Nursing or Public Health (Senior Clinical/Public Nurse or above).
- To be considered for the post applicants should have at least 2-4year experience in Nutrition programs with in-depth and up-to-date knowledge in the technical areas;
- Work in harsh circumstances and travel to field
- experience to facilitate and organize trainings in CMAM in general and TSF Specifically
- computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications; knowledge of statistical software –Epi info and SPSS
- commitment to Save the Children values
- proven ability to prepare bi weekly and monthly reports and work independently and in teams
- Ability to meet deadlines and in delivering quality work
- To be considered for the post; Fluency in Afar Affe is Mandatory.
- To be considered for the post; Fluency in Local language is Mandatory.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. The duty station of the position holder will be in Dalol and Erebti. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at:
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.