|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 19, 2020|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Utility Operations Specialist will be responsible for working directly with the Consultants of EAEP on a professional level. The primary focus is on meter readings, billing, collection, disconnections, field operations, analysis, revenue protection and control in the field in order to facilitate the transition of EEU’s Addis Ababa Region to a commercially oriented enterprise.
- Interface with EEU personnel to obtain, assemble, and analyze information
- Work with various EEU employees and in different EEU districts
- Prepare billing and collection reports
- Develop spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations
- Arrange meetings with EEU personnel and other stakeholders
- Provide notes of meetings attended
- Attend and participate in meetings with EEU representatives and other stakeholders
- Work independently with little supervision
- Alert and advise Consultants on sensitive issues in Ethiopia, including ethnically related issues, national politics, religion, geo-politics, safety, security, etc.
- Be available for traveling throughout Addis Ababa region on short notice
- Assist with oral translation in meetings when needed, as well as provide translation of documents from Amharic to English and vice versa
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Consultants
- BS or BA Degree
- Working knowledge of utility field operations
- 1+ years professional work experience, experience in distribution preferred
- Fluency in English and Amharic languages required
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
- Ability to work effectively in a local office environment with the Consultants and the rest of the local staff
- Ability to deal effectively with counterparts in EEU, in both office and field environment
- Ability to work extra time when needed
- Good analytical skills
- Prior experience working in a fast paced environment and meeting deadlines
- Prior experience working on international projects a plus
- Good attendance and commitment to being on time
- Ability to complete assigned tasks independently, based on broad guidelines from the Consultants.
- High level of ethics, honesty and professionalism
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability – No calls or agencies
- Organization: 154 ESI