|Location||Bahir Dar, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 5, 2021|
|Category|| Agriculture |
Health Care / Medical
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Felege-Ghion Agricultural Inputs and Products Import Export Sc is a share company and the first agricultural inputs importer established in Amhara region. The primary goal of the company is to import high quality agricultural inputs and supply the inputs to the local farmers in sustainable manner, thereby enhance the accessibility of the inputs to the farmers and promote knowledge-based utilization and handling of agricultural inputs by providing technical training and advisory services. The company main objectives are to import all the acceptable agricultural inputs and exports the agricultural products there-by doing so play its role in enhancing agricultural production and productivity of the region and maximize profit.
The company is looking for an experienced and knowledgeable technical expert in livestock production, health, and clinical equipment’s inputs such as feed, breed improvement, veterinary services, animal husbandry input technologies. as well as experienced in technical training, and demonstration. The position holder is responsible for the overall technical aspects of the livestock related inputs for planning the importation, distributing, promotion, demand creation activities. The employee is responsible for overseeing the work assignments or have regular assignments which have been recognized by general manager.
Key RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Conduct input demand assessment for the various agricultural inputs related to livestock production, health, and animal husbandry input technologies so that the inventory will be stocked in demand-based inputs.
- Recommend appropriate veterinary drugs and related products to be imported and stocked by the company based on the outcome of demand assessments on smallholder farmers’ needs.
- Plan the importation of appropriate veterinarian drugs, Vaccines, and animal husbandry input technologies.
- Organize promotional events for new products and services and create demand by conducting series of demonstration, field days, and experience sharing events.
- Develop linkages and good working relationship with input retailers, whole sellers, regulatory bodies, and other relevant development partner operating in the sector.
- Provide technical support to customers to acquaint them with veterinary drugs, chemicals and animal husbandry inputs and related tools that are stocked by Sc.
- Supervise and support salesclerks (Vet-drug dispensers) and make sure that they are well acquainted with agricultural inputs stocked in the company and are knowledgeable about the usage and safety precautions.
- Work closely with responsible government officials and other lower-level offices of the government structure including zone, woreda and kebele levels to ease importation and promotion of new product and machinery services.
- Research business opportunities for members to start new businesses, like clinical and AI services and apiculture & dairy equipment’s supply and others.
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager/ the company.
Report to: - General Manager
Term of Employment: - One year with possible extension
Education and Experience
Minimum of Bachelors’ degree (BSc) in animal health, veterinary laboratory technologist and other related field of study. Having DVM/MSc in similar field of study is preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years for BSc holders and 6 years for DVM/MSc.
- Experience as veterinarian, animal health technician and worked in animal health clinics, health posts and veterinary drug vendor’s shops.
- Good knowledge of agricultural inputs supply system in Ethiopia and the region.
- Experience in livestock disease and pest diagnosis is an advantage.
- Good experience of livestock inputs imports export market system.
- Having strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of local language is required and knowing good English is an advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft office operations.
It is mandatory to mention the position title in the subject line of your application email.
Please DO NOT submit scans of educational and experience certificates with your application.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
You can register physically here:
Infront of Commercial Bank of Ethiopia Bahir Dar District, Kebele 04, Arusil Bahir Dar Barket Center Building, 1rst floor office No. 1FB-15
Mobile +251 94398 6940