|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 27, 2022|
|Category|| Other |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation was launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people.
GAIN in Ethiopia is working on different project on nutrition.GAIN has been re-registered and accorded legal personality with registry Number 2896 by Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia Agency for Civil Society Organization since 2012 and on December 2022 we are celebrating our 2oth anniversary.
2. Objective of the event
The objective of the event is to celebrate GAIN 20th anniversary. The event will be held in Addis Ababa on December 20, 2022 (venue to be decided). The event will start at 4:00 pm.
3. Duty and Responsibilities
The videographer and photographer will work under the overall supervision of GAIN Ethiopia team. During the event, he/she is expected to carry out the following tasks:
3.1 Before the event
• The contractor is expected to have a meeting/briefing with the respective program team before the event to discuss on the workplan.
• The contractor must have good command of own videography and photography equipment (cameras, lenses, lights, filters, tripods), as well as video and photo-related image editing software.
3.2 During the event
• The contractor is obligated to attend at least 1 hour before the event started and stand by until the session ends
• Filming and photographing various aspects of the event
3.3 After the event
• File organization and uploading, properly name, organize and upload all captured content to a cloud-based platform to allow GAIN team, to access and download for use.
• In addition to supplying videos and photos, the contractor will also be required to submit captions. The captions should include names of subjects included in the photo and video and organization.
4. Deliverables/Expected outputs
The contractor will provide the following delivering/outputs.
• Good quality videos and photos of the full event and some short videos (not more than five minutes) for use of social media and publications.
• Closely working with the program team, produce videos and photographs for website and social media using the footages collected from the event
• The final sets of edited videos and digital images (including caption information) will be delivered on portable storage devices /emailed (as requested) to GAIN
• He/she is also expected to deliver proofs of videos and photos to GAIN office no more than fifteen days (15 days) after the date of the event.
5. Required skills and experience
For this assignment, GAIN Ethiopia requires a photographer with the following experience and technical capacity:
• Excellent videography and photography skills
• Ability to provide own filming and photography equipment, including professional cameras and related equipment
• Qualifications as professional videographer and photographer and a demonstrated minimum of 2 years’ experience as professional videographer and/or photographer, including coverage of public events
• Good knowledge of technical requirements and settings for taking videos and photos in various settings (i.e., outdoor, indoor, portraits, group activities etc.)
• Experience with GAIN and /or other INGOs will be an asset.
• Proven experience in working with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premier Pro, Final Cut etc and video edit software.
• Ability to deliver high quality work even when under pressure.