|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 25, 2020|
|Category|| Consultancy |
|Job Type|| Contract |
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Education
How can you make a difference?
Purpose of the position
Join our team to ensure Government/UNICEF/donor visibility requirements are met with the highest standards and as per their respective brand guidelines.
- Closely follow up with sections and field offices on their procurement/supply plan
- Plan for the visibility requirements of donors/UNICEF in relation to the supply/procurement plan of section and field offices
- Develop specifications for appropriate visibility items such as stickers, stencils, package prints… and advice sections/filed offices accordingly
- Ensure the quality and application of donor/UNICEF visibility according to branding guidelines
- Follow up with Supply team the procurement of appropriate visibility items
- Make sure every item procured has appropriate donor/UNICEF visibility before sent to field offices and/or handed over to government and partners
- Work closely with Supply, Sections/Filed Offices, Store and CAP to enhance donor/UNICEF visibility on supplies and services provided
- Supplies procured has donor/UNICEF visibility before shipped to field offices and/or government and partners
- Donor/UNICEF visibility requirements are met according to respective to branding requirements.
- Sections/field offices have got technical advice on visibility applications.
- Documentation (photo) of supplies with proper visibility.
- Periodic reporting of status and application of visibility.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A university diploma such as graphics design, desktop publishing, advertising, marketing or print related area.
- A minimum of 2[Two] years of relevant professional experience in relevant field
- Additional technical expertise in design software such adobe InDesign and Photoshop as well as knowledge or experience on the process of offset printing and production banners and stickers is desirable
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.