|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 19, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
VSO is the world's leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It's a highly effective approach that works, helping millions of people in some of the world's poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty. Our programmes focus on the areas of health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We believe progress is only possible when we work together and that strong partnerships are crucial to delivering positive change.
Employment Contract Type: Volunteering service
This is a national volunteer role responsible for coordinating in-country Polio Emergency Operation Centres (EOC) community engagement work, volunteer management and support. The volunteer will also be working to establish beneficial partnerships with communities and strengthen access to and utilization of polio immunization services.
This is not a paid job but a volunteering opportunity to give back to the community we are part of. However, a modest amount of stipend will be given to support the living expense of volunteers. Join us as a VSO volunteer and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
The ideal applicant for this opportunity has
- University degree in the Social Sciences, Health Promotion and Community work
- Experience of working with at NGO in communities on public health
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Ability to organize training/workshops
- Creativity, able to initiate plans for improving planning and other extra activities
- Resilience, flexibility, adaptability and a sense of humour when faced with problems, obstacles and frustrating circumstances
- Thorough understanding of group dynamics and group process
- Ability to deal appropriately and professionally with possible crises within the group
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good computer literacy in Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel regularly to the community
- Commitment for full-time volunteering programme
if you meet the requirements and interested in this volunteering opportunity please follow the following link to apply https://vso.secure.force.com/jobopportunities/Job_DetailsPage?jid=a0m3z00000DY4ac&m=i