|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 31, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender equality, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development and humanitarian challenge in more than 70 countries.
FHI 360 is starting an integrated Health, Nutrition, Protection, and WASH program in the South Wollo Zone of two woredas (Tenta and Delanta) and with plans to expand its intervention into other Zones of Amhara and Afar Regional State. Our intervention will focus on service provision through static health facilities with mobile outreach and integrated treatment of SAM for health and nutrition. For WASH, we will deliver water through water trucking in IDP sites and distribute essential NFIs. For this reason, we are in need to store items such as pharmaceuticals, hygiene kits, medical supplies/equipment and other NFIs.
Working under the direct supervision of the Logistics Officer, the purpose of the position is to support the administration, receipt, storage, and issuance of a wide range of assets, supplies, pharmaceutical and other perishable items, spare parts, tools, equipment, and other logistics materials for FHI 360 projects and departments. Maintains up-to-date inventories and conducts a periodic physical count of warehouse and storage items. Supports in tracking and monitoring assets.
- Supports in checking the quantity and quality of goods received from suppliers and other organizations and reporting any discrepancies or damage immediately.
- Creates/updates stock cards for all stock items in a timely manner immediately following receipt and after issuance of goods. Ensures all required information is correctly and entirely recorded on the stock cards.
- Organizes and correctly stores goods and assets in the warehouse, making sure items are identified and are easy to get to.
- Supports in preparing outgoing goods with proper packing and labeling of freight.
- Collaborates with the transport officer to organize and send cargo to the field.
- Supports the close monitoring of stock levels and storage conditions.
- Update’s asset register participates in a physical stock inventory check annually and as needed. Works to prevent stock discrepancy (theft and damage).
- Supports the proper maintenance of all assets and equipment and reports defects.
- Supports timely disposal of damaged and obsolete items; generates asset disposal reports.
- Prepares documentation to track the movement and change of status of assets.
- Keeps filing system for assets up to date.
- Contributes to weekly and monthly inventory and asset reports, yearly assent count reports.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Understanding and general knowledge of equipment, warehouse inventory, and asset management.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate.
- Ability to produce reports on Excel sheets and review information for completeness and accuracy
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of the area of specialization, program procedures, methods, and practices to include knowledge of program and staff responsibilities.
- Uses established filing and data systems, functions, and/or procedures that require knowledge of the program.
- Understands software used to perform day-to-day functions.
- Uses basic office software programs, information systems, and office equipment to access, input, and verify standard information.
- Communicates information clearly to staff, clients, and/or the public about services, processes, and procedures using prescribed or established guidelines.
- Utilizes program-specific terminology.
- Gathers readily available information from official records to drafts e-mails, memos, and other documents.
- Ability to gather, recommend and summarize data for reports, finds solutions to various administrative problems and prioritizes work.
- Requires attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Records and documents information accurately.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Identifies and recognizes problems that have established precedents and limited impact.
- Provides excellent customer services in a friendly, professional demeanor to internal and external clients.
- Detecting errors easily and quickly within the immediate work unit resulting in minor disruption or expense to correct.
- Supervision Given/Received:
- Normally receives detailed instructions on all work.
- Close supervision involves detailed instructions and frequent monitoring of work performance.
- Contacts are primarily within the immediate work unit.
- Contacts involve obtaining or providing information requiring little explanation or interpretation.
Project Length: 6 months, the initial contract will be for two months
- Diploma in logistics, business management or related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience providing logistical and/or administrative support
- Good command of English for clear communication and interaction with the staff and other stakeholders.
- Experience of working with a non-governmental organization (NGO) preferred.
- Use of computer software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5 - 25 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office 365 (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Skype/TEAMS, e-mail), office telephone, and printer/copier.
Travel Requirements: Less than 10%
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.