|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 28, 2021|
|Category|| Pharmacy |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) wants to recruit employees in the following vacant positions the details of which are mentioned bellow.
About the Ethiopian Red Cross Society
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) was established in 1935 and is one of the oldest and largest humanitarian organizations in Ethiopia. ERCS provides services to communities affected by natural and manmade disasters through the provision of emergency responses, ambulance and first aid, family reunification, essential drugs, water and sanitation, and other humanitarian services. ERCS also runs disaster risk reduction programs with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. Currently the ERCS has a structure consisting of 12 Regional Offices, 34 Zonal Branches and 131 District/Woreda Branches and 599 Woreda Red Cross Committees and 5871 Kebele Red Cross Committees.
Work Unit/ Project/ Program: - Health and Pharmaceuticals
Reporting to: - Pharmaceuticals Operation Manager
Key Performance areas
- Cosigns issuing and receiving documents of the store and takes a joint responsibility in cases of stock shortage and irregularities of the store management;
- Maintains proper documentation of store tasks and keeps a stock balance of incoming and outgoing stock;
- Undertakes incoming inspection on medicines, other related supplies and medical equipment on arrival at the Central store with the relevant procurement and/or clearing documents, process the Receiving Note and receives them in order;
- Assists in unloading, sorting, packing, moving, classifying, stacking, shelving and loading activities of the store;
- Properly operates material handling equipment of the store; Notifies the storekeeper of maximum and minimum stock levels;
- Checks and reconciles actual stock items against bin card balances between official stock taking times;
- Assists in physical stock counting, marking and tagging store items; Assists the storekeeper in the receipts and issuance of goods;
- Takes full responsibility of the store during the official absence of the Pharmaceutical and supplies store keeper;
- Closely monitors the storage, handling, expiry dates and other states of the stock items, timely informs the Storekeeper of the stock level and of expired, damaged and spoiled drugs and medical for proper action; Keeps the store clean & well organized;
- Checks that all windows and doors of the store are closed and lights are off at the end of working hours;
- Checks that all air outlets, fittings, fixtures and lightings of the store are properly functioning; Segregates stock record cards by category codes; Submits periodic reports regularly or as may be demanded;
- First Degree/Diploma in Pharmacy
- Relevant work experience 0/2 years’.
We invite candidates meeting the required qualifications to fill out the employment application form from the official website of the Ethiopian Red Cross in vacancy menu http://www.redcrosseth.org/get-involved/vacancy and email to email@example.com before the closing date of this announcement on July 01, 2021.
Qualified women are strongly recommended to apply!
Please note that we ONLY consider those who filled in the application form and send us back. We regret to inform that we do not accept CV at this stage.