|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||February 23, 2021|
|Category|| Delivery |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) wants to recruit employees in the following vacant positions the details of which are mentioned bellow.
About the Ethiopian Red Cross Society
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) was established in 1935 and is one of the oldest and largest humanitarian organizations in Ethiopia. ERCS provides services to communities affected by natural and manmade disasters through the provision of emergency responses, ambulance and first aid, family reunification, essential drugs, water and sanitation, and other humanitarian services. ERCS also runs disaster risk reduction programs with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. Currently the ERCS has a structure consisting of 11 Regional Offices, 34 Zonal Branches and 131 District/Woreda Branches, 599 Woreda Red Cross Committee and 5871 Kebele Red Cross committees.
Details of the vacant position
Work unit :- Logistics Department
Reporting to:- Head, Warehouse Property Administration
Terms of employment:- permanent.
Grade :- VII
Key performance areas
- Maintains proper documentation of store tasks and keeps a stock balance of incoming and outgoing stock;
- Cosigns issuing and receiving documents of the store and takes a joint responsibility in cases of stock shortage and irregularities of the store management;
- Assist clearing documents, process the Receiving Note and receives them in order; Assists in physical stock counting, marking and tagging store items;
- Segregates stock record cards by category codes; Issues goods per the authorized stores requisition note in the manner of First in First Out method; Notifies the storekeeper of maximum and minimum stock levels;
- Assists in physical stock counting, marking and tagging store items; Assists the storekeeper in the receipts and issuance of goods;
- Segregates stock record cards by category codes; Issues goods per the authorized stores requisition note in the manner of First in First Out method;
- Weighs, measures, counts (as applicable) incoming and outgoing stocks as necessary; Arranges and organizes storeroom economically and orderly;
- Initiates timely replenishment of stock following pre-determined buffer stock level; Checks the completeness and appropriateness of stock management supporting documents; Keeps documents and files neatly and orderly;
- Second/First degree in Materials Management/ Accounting/ Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
- 2/4 years of relevant work experience.
We invite candidates meeting the required qualifications to fill out the employment application form from the official website of the Ethiopian Red Cross in the vacancy menu http://www.redcrosseth.org/get-involved/vacancy and email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of this announcement on Feb 28th, 2021.
Qualified women are strongly recommended to apply!
Please note that we ONLY consider those who filled in the application form and send us back. We regret to inform you that we do not accept CV at this stage.