|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 26, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
External/Internal Vacancy Announcement
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) wants to recruit employees in the following vacant positions the details of which are mentioned bellow.
About the Ethiopian Red Cross Society
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) was established in 1935 and is one of the oldest and largest humanitarian organizations in Ethiopia. ERCS provides services to communities affected by natural and manmade disasters through the provision of emergency responses, ambulance and first aid, family reunification, essential drugs, water and sanitation, and other humanitarian services. ERCS also runs disaster risk reduction programs with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. Currently the ERCS has a structure consisting of 12 Regional Offices, 34 Zonal Branches and 131 District/Woreda Branches, 599 Woreda Red Cross Committee and 5871 Kebele Red Cross committees.
ERCS also runs disaster risk reduction programs relating to food security, climate change adaptation, livelihood diversification, and institutional capacity building interventions, with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. ERCS works in partnership with the Ethiopian Government, International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent (IFRC), International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), partnering National Societies, members, volunteers and the communities we serve.
Key performance area
- Under the supervision of Transport and Warehouse Division Manager, Warehouse Management Officer responsible for the following major duties.
- Performs store activities including receiving, recording, storing and issuing different relief and general items of the Society;
- develops a comprehensive location coding system; Manages the warehousing, handling and record keeping of the stock items in store;
- Facilitates the activities of unloading, sorting, moving, stacking, packing and loading store items;
- Critically examines material characteristics such as size, weight, associated hazards and storage factors before storing materials in warehouses;
- Makes an efficient use of available space, reduces handling costs;
- Checks that requisitions are properly filled, verifies that supplies delivered are in accordance with requisition and ensures their systematic storage; Conducts physical count of all inventory items in the store;
- Receives requisitions, checks signatures for authenticity and issues stock items as per the request and approval; Responds to all requests for items in a quick and efficient manner;
- Identifies and reports dead or obsolete items and treats accordingly; Unpacks packages and checks invoices and purchase orders against stock received and stores same;
- Keeps the stock balance of goods up-to-date by reconciling the bin cards with the stock record cards; Ensures that the material handling equipment at the disposal of the store are properly used and maintained;
- Ensures maximum protection of stocks against all causes of deterioration and damages; Requests purchase of fast moving items reaching a reorder level; submits interim and end-of-period reports on the activities of the store;
Work Unit: Transport and Warehouse Division
Reporting to: Transport and Warehouse Division Manager
Terms of employment: permanent after probation period
- Second/First degree in Materials Management/ Supply (Chain) Management/ Management
- 4/6 revenant work experience