|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 10, 2020|
|Category|| Other |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for maintaining and overseeing inventory and supplies by receiving, storing, and delivering items.
The Warehouse Manager is in charge of the administrative aspects of warehouses and other storage facilities. It is his/her job to coordinate the activities of all workers, contact and liaise with customers, oversee the receiving and shipping of goods, and ensure that all items are properly stored in an efficient and orderly manner.
· Supervise warehouse employees and oversee daily operations
· Control and manage inventory and track inventory level
· Order new supplies in a timely manner
· Determine and track most important warehouse KPIs
· Depending on the type of items to be stored, determine special facilities such as refrigeration, ventilation, or vacuum sealing are necessary for the storage of the items.
· Checking inventory regularly in order to ensure that all items are accounted for
· Ensuring there is enough space to store goods for customers and the employer
· Making special arrangements for customers with goods that require particular attention
· Explaining fees to customers based on volume, weight, or time of storage according to company policies
· Setting up layout and ensure efficient space utilization
· Oversee monthly, quarterly and yearly physical inventory and ensure all the required records of products, machineries and materials are properly accounted for
· Set minimum and maximum level of stocks
· Set economic order quantities of vital stock items
· Set safety stock level of vital stocks
· Differentiate items into fast, moderate and slow-moving items and present it to the Plant Manager for approval
· Order new supplies when reach safety level to avoid disruption of production process
· Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security
· Track expenses related to fuel, storage, and truck maintenance
· Ensure proper implementation of EHS guidelines and Policies
Qualifications and Experience:
· The candidate should ideally have minimum of 8 years of experience as a Warehouse Manager or similar role
· Degree in Business Administration, Logistics, or relevant fields.
· Demonstrated track-record and ability to manage inventory, ability to analyze data and provide insights from data
Desired Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Attributes)
· Driving License (Preferable)
· Ability to operate Forklift (Preferable)
· Ability to work overnight shifts
· Knowledge and experience with methods for process re-engineering
· Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
· Team player
· Good time-management skills
· Great interpersonal and communication skills
Candidates meeting the above required qualifications are invited to send their CV through email@example.com
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Application deadline: April 21, 2020