|Location||Dalol; Erebti, Afar, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 21, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The incumbent of this position represents Save the Children values and principles in interactions with staff and external audiences. These values and principles include commitment to the mission of Save the Children, team orientation, quality management and leadership development, introducing systems and procedures to strengthen staff motivation and productivity.
In coordination with field office admin officer and Woreda CMAM officer, the role holder is expected to facilitate acquisition of temporary warehouse, initiate CMAM commodities request, inspect and receive incoming stock, manage stock flow, insure safety and security of stock, document and report stock transaction per SCI logistics and donor requirements.
The position holder is responsible To manage Woreda based SCI Emergency nutrition project temporary warehouse by insuring CMAM commodities and supplies storage, movement control, accounting, reporting and warehouse administration functions
Level 3 - the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
The role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; ore because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Facilitate acquisition of safe and acceptable temporary Woreda Warehouse building for CMAM commodities
· Initiate requisition of CMAM commodities together with CMAM team
· Organize records and facilities of the warehouse per SCI standard
· Receive incoming consignment/GIK per SCI procedure
· Check and Dispatch supplies when approved stock release submitted
· Reconcile dispatch way bill with commodity distribution list on each site
· Log and update all stocks information on appropriate registers, stock cards, bin cards
· Conduct regular physical check on stock/GIK safety and security
· Conduct regular physical count of stocks /GIK per SCI schedule
· Document and immediately report stock damage, theft/loss, expiry, contamination related incidents
· Insure cleanliness and proper organization of stocks, files, warehouse accessory tools, safety equipment’s
· Develop and submit regular warehouse and inventory reports to line manager
· In Coordination with CMAM team, prevent pipeline breakage, ration card fraud, RUSF/RUTF misuse/wastage and supply leakage at various supply chain interfaces
· Manage performance of temporary warehouse security guard and cleaner
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
· Diploma or above from accredited University/college in accounting or logistics/supply chain related field with two or more-year experience with similar role
· Some level of skill/Familiarity with SCI logistic system/TIMS would be an asset
- Experience on nutritional commodities and warehouse management
- Familiarity with GIK/WFP TSFP commodity management and reporting
- Good understanding of Afar community culture, communication and business practice
- Good knowledge and understanding of basic accounting principles
- Good knowledge on inventory management and supply chain systems
· Strong interpersonal skill and customer handling
· commendable skills in Computer application like spreadsheet/MS excel, and accounting software’s/tools
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. The duty station of the position holder will be in Dalol and Erebti. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at:
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Interested applicants who meet the MINIMUM requirements should apply using the below link: https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl