WASH Coordinator ( 1 position )
|Location||Nekemte, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 6, 2021|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY and Specific Duties and responsibilities :
· Coordinate and facilitate WASH activities in close consultation with humanitarian and WASH teams and also field office manager, project manager at field level and Addis Ababa, staff in the field, other technical advisors and senior managers at all level.
· Represent WASH projects and participate in the technical coordination meetings to facilitate effective and coordinated joint response.
· Support in developing project plan through conducting assessments such as cholera/AWD, NFI distribution, water trucking operation and delivery of training programs, support hygiene and sanitation promotion to target communities, government and partners’ staffs based on identified and agreed needs
· Prepare and review technical specifications details (including materials specification, cost break down) and provide technical supports at all levels.)
· Asses and design the best and suitable way to WASH responses (water trucking NFI distribution, H&S promotion… etc.) in consultation with WASH technical advisors, water office and beneficiary community
· conduct WASH need assessment at response areas at all regions jointly with partners and produce assessment report and advise the project for response.
· Develop and maintain good relationships with intervention area key partners and relevant local authorities and communities
· Represents WASH project as focal person at various meeting as required
· Follow up, monitor and supervise day to day activities of WASH emergency responses and take corrective measures if any
· Prepare weekly and monthly reports and submit timely
· Perform any other relevant duties assigned by supervisor
· Develop good relations with other Partners/NGOs
The post holder will comply with all relevant Save the Children Policies and procedures with respect to Child Safe Guarding, Human Trafficking and Modern Slavery, Fraud Bribery and Corruption, and Code of Conduct.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
· Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· BSc /MSC Degree in Water Resource Engineering, Environmental Health, Sanitary Engineering, Hydraulics, and Water Resource Development or another related academic background
· At least 5 years of relevant project management experience in emergencies, or WASH-related project management in an international NGO or similar organization.
· Experience in working with in international NOGs, projects management, government counterparts and other partners at various levels – federal, region to woreda levels. This includes technical support, capacity building and coordination.
· Experience in implementing Emergency WASH project.
· Demonstrable experience in emergency WASH project management
· Good presentation, training and facilitation skills
· Good communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to train and mentor staff
· Proven ability to manage a complex and demanding workload
· Good spoken and written English,
· Good computer and report writing skill
· Experience working in NGOs on emergency WASH is an added advantage
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en