|Location||Bule Hora, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 10, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The WASH Coordinator is responsible for coordination of the WASH CC projects within the Oromia/SNNP regions.
- Coordinate and implement the WASH projects according to strategy, proposals and plans
- Assist the Programme Manager/Area Manager in writing project proposals, concept notes and donor reports
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies and donor requirements
- Develop annual activity and work plans
- Training and development of WASH CC staff
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities
- Cooperate with relevant partners and local authorities
- Organize trainings for the WASH CC team, relevant partners and beneficiaries
- Monthly activity/project reports and other reporting as required
- Ensure proper filing of all project documents
- To ensure minimum standards of technical quality in all activities and interventions, which are technically appropriate, realistic, in line with project specific objectives and on budget.
- Undertake contract management and tendering processes of the diverse contractors for WASH hardware and software activities.
- Plan, coordinate and implement NRC WASH activities (Public Health Engineering and Public Health Promotion) in the Oromia/SNNP regions.
- Ensure that assessment, programme design and implementation considers needs and vulnerabilities in Oromia/SNNP Regions.
- Ensure that WASH programme design is informed by and integrated with NRC’s other priority sectors of Protection, Food Security and Livelihoods, Education and Shelter.
- To ensure that sustainable systems are set in place for longer term operation and maintenance of all water and sanitation infrastructure, including the provision of all necessary training.
- Prepare and oversee the implementation process to ensure timely delivery of programme activities (for example, monitoring against logframes, individual performance management workplans).
- Prepare timely financial and narrative reports on project activities in compliance with internal NRC requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- Ensure appropriate management and use of NRC resources at all times
- Manage project staff on a day-to-day level working with other technical departments, security, logistics, administration and senior management staff (depending on assignment).
- Ensure that NRC’s work in WASH programming is coordinated with efforts of other agencies and Government, and represent organization at Interagency Coordination meetings.
- Contribute to learning, experiences and evidence to relevant global advocacy objectives relating to WASH through case studies and documentation.
Qualifications and Competences:
Generic professional competencies:
- Degree in Water Engineering, Public Health, Civil Engineering, Public Health, Environmental Health, Hydrology
- 5-year experience from working as a WASH Coordinator or similar in a humanitarian/recovery context with an INGO
- Experience in implementing integrated WASH activities (both software and hardware)
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Proven and documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the operating context in Oromia/SNNP Regions
- Experience in use of design sofwares like AutoCAD, ArcGIS and statistical packages
- Knowledge and experience of the application of SPHERE and links to emergency and longer-term development practice.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in performance management of staff
- Planning and delivering results
- Coping with change
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Managing performance and development
All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send in their application letters including updated curriculum vitae with day-time telephone number and contact details of three work-related referees only through www.ethiojobs.net OR www.webcruiter.no (If it is possible, attach photocopies of the most relevant educational certificates/testimonials). Applications should reach NRC latest by April 23, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
“Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and on-the-job training will be provided!”