|Location||Guji Zone, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 1, 2020|
|Category|| Engineering |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
- Re-design, or design the water system layout, Prepare BoQ, drawings, and optimized design for water supply infrastructures: Pipe layout, electro mechanical equipment, and storage tanks
- Initiate procurement towards purchase of the required items for rehabilitation, maintenance and construction of water supply system
- Prepare detail specification for items to be procured and ensure its procurements are as per set specifications.
- In coordination with other WASH team Prepares detail water sector physical & financial implementation plan of the project which includes but not limited to activity plan, spending plan and procurement plan
- Works closely with Region, Zone/Woreda Water and Health Offices towards efficient and effective implementation of the project by organizing regular field visits and joint monitoring with project steering committee
- Monitor that the woreda partners are highly participated in project activities like water quality testing, scheme dis infection, project monitoring, review in all the intervention woredas
- Supervise quality of construction works, and installation of electro mechanical equipment
- Monitor the purchase and use of materials, equipment and supplies
- Ensure all the construction under the projects are with highest quality standard and free of technical defects
- Conduct regular water system operation and management training for the staff on Water quality, plumbing, and data management
- Source out and monitor labor required towards implementation of project interventions and ensure the proper implementation of the organizational norms and standards
- Support the WASH project manager on the development of proposals, budgets and concept notes in coordination with the WASH team in Addis Ababa, and proposal development team;
- Prepare detail activity, procurement and spending plan on the available grants; and following on monthly bases the actual executed and spending budget
- Manage the operation & maintenance/installation of water systems including construction/rehabilitation/maintenance of water systems, procurement & supply of electromechanical parts etc,
- Oversee stores management and liaise with the Logistics to ensure that bi-weekly checks are made on site stores and stock records
- Ensure that all constructed, rehabilitated water facilities has to be kept in soft and hard copies
- Prepare ToR related to WASH activities (Training, assessment, field site visits) and review the contract documents in collaboration with logistics
- Organize trainings for water management committee, operators, and plumbers as required.
- Supervision of on-force & all contracted activities such as construction of water facilities, maintenance of generator, Generator house, pipe lines, tap stand by presenting at site level during the construction.
- Ensure all the constructed hard ware activities are properly handover to the concerned government bodies with full of recording data like GPS location, beneficiary, yields of the water schemes, history of the water schemes in well documented manner at the right time before project phase out
- Prepare monthly reports and submit to the supervisor on the work progress of the water schemes constructed, and maintained
- Minimum university degree in Civil, Hydraulic, or Water Resource Engineering,
- Three year work experience in WASH for Degree, four for Diploma and preferably in a humanitarian setting (refugee camps, rural development, or emergency response)
- Competent in using Windows, and other Engineering software: AutoCAD, Hydraulics soft wares Epnaet, WaterCAD, and GPS
- Ability to work under pressure in a potentially unstable security environment.
- Flexible, willing to travel and live temporarily in harsh environment
- Knowledge of local language is mandatory
- Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter by clearly stating the position that you are applying for and CV through www.ethiojobs.net OR before July 07, 2020
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.