|Location||Mekele, Tigray, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 24, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Lutheran World Federation (LWF/WS – Ethiopia) is a registered foreign charity which has been operating in Ethiopia since 1973 implementing various development and humanitarian projects in different parts of Ethiopia. LWF is currently looking and invites qualified candidates to apply for the Senior Accountant position.
To coordinate the operation, implementation, and monitoring of the WASH infrastructure interventions within the project in different woredas of Tigray Regional state with the goal to improve the public health of the target population.
- Lead the response activities of WASH emergency for Conflict-affected IDPs in different woredas of Tigray Regional state including monitoring of project quality, M&E and budget management;
- Lead the development of procurement, activity and budget plan;
- Work closely with the Project team in reviewing progress and results, identify gaps and solutions and share technical ideas for the project staff;
- Support the project’s community mobilizers with technical and management inputs relating to project activity plan and implementation;
- Select vulnerable communities and project priority groups jointly with the project team, local government representatives and communities
- Provide technical backstopping and guidance to the community mobilizers;
- Produce study and design documents including: construction specifications, bill of quantities and construction schedule for the water and sanitation works to be carried out in the project area as necessary;
- Establish and train water users' committees for each of the water supply systems rehabilitated/constructed;
- Primarily responsible for planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluating the overall interventions of WASH in close coordination and consultation with the respective project staff;
- Facilitate sanitation and hygiene activities to the conflict affected people in different woredas of Tigray;
- Ensure an efficient utilization of resource such as construction materials, manpower, properties and etc.
- Regularly participate in the regional and zonal level WASH Cluster meetings and provide updates to the immediate supervisor/projects coordinator:
- Prepare periodic reports and submit in time;
- Prepare monthly update as per the agreed reporting template;
- Follow procedure as outlined in LWF World Service Ethiopia Staff Rules, Collective Agreement and other Operation Manuals;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the line manager or designate.
Qualification and Experience:
- M.Sc. or Bachelor Degree in Water Supply Engineering or Water Resource Engineering or Hydraulic Engineering or any other related discipline
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience for MSc and 4 years for BSc degree
- Excellent written and oral English language skills required
- Ability to lead a team
- Ability of planning for better future and crisis management
- Ability and Interest to work under pressure
- Knowledge of the Tigrigna language is advantageous
- Previous related experience in NGO setup is an advantage
Interested candidates who meet the above requirement can send ONLY detailed C.V and application letter through Ethiojobs website: https://www.ethiojobs.net and can directly apply by going to LWF Tigray Office at Mekele.
Women are encouraged to apply
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted