|Location||Chagni (Amhara) & Gilgelbeles(Benishangul Gumuz), Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 16, 2021|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
FH Ethiopia is a non-governmental organization engaged in relief and development activities. At FH, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call the “The Heartbeat”. This includes our Values, Vision and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty. FH Ethiopia would like to invite potential candidates to apply for the following position:
Position: WASH Hygiene & Sanitation Officer
Number of vacant positions and Duty Station: 2 Positions (1 for Chagni (Amhara Region) & 1 for Gilgelbeles (Benishangul Gumuz Region)
Duration of Contract: Up to January 31, 2022
Salary: As per the salary scale of the organization
Closing date: August 20, 2021
Responsible to provide technical support to the project in all aspects of the hygiene promotion and sanitation component of Benishangul Gumuz Emergency project assigned IDP camps. He/She will be responsible for the implementation hygiene promotion and sanitation component ensuring program quality, completion of activities within allocated funding and project period, and identifying new needs for program expansion and improvement.
Key Result #1 – Plan & implement
1. Facilitate targeting of eligible beneficiaries and ensure project deliverables are reaching the target IDP and Host community.
2. Plan, coordinate and implement the emergency Program focusing on hygiene & sanitation, targeting beneficiary IDPs and vulnerable children and other community members and produce timely reports
3. Plan, implement and monitor WASH and Hygiene and Sanitation promotion activities in the IDP camps and host communities.
4. Develops appropriate IEC materials related to Hygiene and Sanitation in close discussion with the project manager, relevant stakeholders’ as well as project Water Engineer
5. Gather health and health related information of the IDPs and host communities from Governmental, Non-Governmental and other appropriate sources at the district level and share it among project staff and FH/E.
6. Mobilize community, establish Hygiene & Sanitation committee and aggressively work with relevant Hygiene Promotion
7. Work in close discussion with the community health animators, water engineer, community facilitator, HEWs and Promoters
8. Provides advice regarding procurements of WASH supplies.
Key Result #2 – Capacity building
1. Prepares hygiene and sanitation education materials, develops training modules and carries out training activities for the IDP and Host Community on basic sanitation, including site selection, construction and use of pit latrines, proper water storage and use, hygienic food handling, proper disposal of waste, cleaning of public places and eradication of other hazards to sanitation;
2. Directs public action to promote the health of the community specially to eradicate or control infectious water born and other hygiene related diseases.
3. Takes water samples from constructed schemes and facilitates the water quality tests;
4. Advises on measures to improve community health including action regarding sanitation, preserving the purity of water.
5. Closely follow up, strengthen, establish and supervise the WASH committee in IDP and host communities.
Key Result #3 – Monitoring, evaluation and reporting
1. Conducts regular monitoring of activities to ensure the effective implementation of the health/hygiene and sanitation activities; and communicates timely with a possible recommendation in case of any deviation.
2.. Produces monthly and quarterly reports and submit to the supervisor.
Key Result #4 – Partnership and networking
1. Establish and maintain smooth-working relationships with appropriate governmental (mainly Hygiene and sanitation focal person at the health office), non-Governmental, faith based and community-based organizations working in related field at the district level.
2. Actively collaborate and work closely with IDP & Host community representatives for planning, implementation and monitoring of WASH Hygiene and Sanitation activities of the project.
3. Represent FH in relevant GO- NGO and other cluster meetings related to Hygiene and Sanitation.
4. Carry out any other relevant duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Job Level Specifications
⮚ Full agreement with FH’s Christian foundation and beliefs as expressed in The Heartbeat: our Values, Vision, and Purpose.
⮚ Ability to communicate with organization members.
⮚ Physical fitness to operate in a different weather environment.
⮚ Shows a positive attitude that contributes to a good working atmosphere in the office
Maintain or retain confidential internal information of the organization.Experience
⮚ At least Three years relevant experience; NGO experience is preferred
⮚ Degree in Environmental Health Science, Public Health or relevant field of study
⮚ Proactive personality & and self-initiative.
⮚ Training on Hygiene and Sanitation such as PHAST and CLTS Language
⮚ Proficiency in spoken and written Amharic and /or local language of the operational area and, basic understanding of English required;
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Competent candidates can submit ONLY their applications with CV’s to: email@example.com
Candidates MUST refer the position title on the subject line of their email and applications