|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 26, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The WASH Program Manager will be responsible for the leadership of the Soddo Cluster Coordination Office and CIFF Funded water, sanitation, and hygiene program planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and managing a team to ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all activities and products generated under the project.
S/he will be responsible for achieving expected WASH outcomes and integration of WASH to NTDs. The WASH Program Manager will work with the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Advisor to coordinate and systematically disseminate lessons learned with other partners engaged in the SCH/STH Transmission Break.
· Ensure proper leadership and management of the Soddo Cluster Coordination Office and WASH project with strict adherence to World Vision personnel, financial and other applicable policies, strategies, guidelines, principles, and core values.
· Review technical documents and other deliverables to ensure alignment with overall project strategy and donor requirements.
· Liaise with local government officials, local communities, donor representatives, and other stakeholders as appropriate to ensure responsive and sustainable programming.
· Participate in relevant technical working groups and forums at zonal and regional levels.
· Ensure grant/project expenses are reasonable, allocated as per assigned budget, prudent, and spent in accordance with donor rules and regulations to ensure low-risk audits.
· Consistently look for more effective and efficient implementation methods and opportunities to increase impact, are in the targeted operation areas, meet technical standards and in compliance with donor’s requirements, government policies, and global standards.
· Ensure the implementation of the CIFF funded WASH project is in compliance with the plan, work schedule, budget, and quality to ensure proper accountability to donors, government, and the benefiting community.
· Establish and maintain effective project reporting, evaluation, and communication systems. Submit timely accurate and professional reports that meet donor requirements.
· Minimum of ten years of experience in the WASH sector, in areas related to successful Activity implementation such as the provision of technical expertise for WASH, demand creation, and sanitation marketing.
· M.Sc degree in Hydraulics, Water Resource, Environmental Science, public health, and other related fields.
· Demonstrated experience building private sector capacity to provide WASH products and services is highly desirable.
· Demonstrated experience in building local government capacity to install, rehabilitate, and maintain water systems.
· Prior experience in the Ethiopian WASH sector desirable, preferably including experience with national-level coordination under the One WASH Program. Moreover, S/he is/has
· Committed to the core values of World Vision
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written in English
· Creates and encourages a climate of teamwork and collaboration in a diverse cultural environment.
· Consistently achieves high-level results, manages and delivers projects on time and on budget.
· Has higher-level technical and supervisory skills; result-oriented and provides others with a clear direction; motivates and empowers others; provides staff with development opportunities and coaching.
· Analyzes and integrates diverse and complex quantitative and qualitative data from a wide range of sources.
· Good understanding of the local cultural context.
· Good M&E and report writing skills
· Willing and flexible to take other assignments and locations by her/his supervisor