WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 28, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:|
• Assists the CP Project Manager in overseeing the planning, budgeting and implementation of CP project CP interventions.
• Establish/strengthen community based child protection mechanisms to prevent and protect children.
• Identifies community based child protection mechanisms capacity gaps and participates in building their capacity.
• Facilitate and lead community awareness raising and sensitization programs to promote positive values of the society towards children.
• Facilitate and lead the economic empowerment of families and their children.
• Facilitate and provide trainings, workshops for community members, and other stakeholders.
• Lead and facilitate best interest determination (BID) panel to guarantee best interest of the children.
• Assist establishing/strengthening referral linkages.
• Facilitate multi sectorial linkages at Woreda level to prevent, protect and respond to child protection risks.
• Identify, register and refer abused and exploited children for child protection services.
• Work as a case manager or case management focal person at Woreda level.
• Promote and improve quality service delivery to fulfil children’s right based on SCI vision, mission and values.
• Work closely with Woreda relevant government offices and community based child protection structures
• Assists the CP Project Manager in the preparation and compilation of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports and for other SCI and donor compliances and requirements.
• Document best practices of the project activities and share with relevant agencies.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector (if you prefer to add a specific salary range please do).
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE|
• BSc/Diploma in Nursing or Public Health (Senior Clinical/Public Nurse or above).
• Bachelor Degree in an area of social science, health and other developmental field or equivalent
• Recommended a minimum of 2 years’ experience in an NGO environment, preferably with experience in community based child protection project
• Knowledge and understanding of national Child wellbeing systems, and technical knowledge on child wellbeing monitoring and evaluation
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
• Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
• Good knowledge of the regional context of assignment and prior experience in working with pastoralist communities
• Strong results orientation and ability to work under pressure
• Experience of successfully implementing changes to processes to improve and monitor quality standards and impact achieved
• Experience of facilitating and shaping programmes to deliver greater efficiency and effectiveness, s
• Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
• Fluency in Afar Affe is Mandatory,
• Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required
• Commitment to Save the Children values
• Proven team work experience
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|