|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 7, 2020|
|Category|| Engineering |
|Job Type|| Contract |
The purpose of WASH Officer position is to provide technical and professional support in the implementation of EL WASH OFDA Project WASH components of the project. S/he will provide technical support, supervision and guidance to Emergency committees, Project manager development agents, Woreda water experts and Community mobilizers who will be involved in the implementation of the project.
Key areas of responsibility:
- The WASH officer will be a primary focal person for WASH components of USAID/BHA funded project in four project Woredas (Ada’ar, Mille, Chifra and Gewane) and responsible for planning, implementation and monitoring of WASH activities.
- Ensure the availability of accurate, complete and up-to-date information required for effective rehabilitation and upgrading of Water schemes in three project Woredas with a particular focus on creating safe water access for humans and livestock.
- Provide technical support to relevant government lines offices and project staff as well as communities in order to develop capacities related to their roles and responsibilities of WASH components of the project.
- Ensure rehabilitated boreholes of the project provide quality water services to beneficiaries in accordance to existing standards
- Work closely with Woreda water offices, project manager and other project staff in accomplishing his or her duties,
- Lead the planning, promotional and awareness creation on the objective of the water component of the project in collaboration with Woreda line offices and community mobilizers, in the community
- Conduct and lead assessment in the three districts which inform identification of water scheme to be rehabilitated or upgraded by the project based on priority needs, develop BOQ, specification, for the water scheme to be rehabilitated
- Technically provide leadership role for the implementation of rehabilitation of water scheme as per the existing standards in the region.
- Submit timely and accurate weekly, monthly, quarterly and final reports on WASH component of the project
- Plan, cooperate, collaborate and work closely with Woreda water office and pastoral development office staff with particular emphasis on gender during implementation of the project
- Provide training in collaboration with Woreda and regional water bureau expert for WASHCO
- Plan and conduct capacity building trainings to WASH experts, development agents and communities
- Support other livelihood activities of the project by closely working with partner project officers to ensure the attainment of project objective.
- Actively participate in the identification of strategic water point to be rehabilitated through participatory approach with beneficiary communities and government line offices
- Oversee and coach community mobilizers that are recruited under the emergency project.
- At least bachelor degree in Water Engineering or related fields with relevant experience
- A minimum of 5 years post qualification experiences water structure development for bachelor degree
- NGO experiences in the field is an asset specifically USIAD funded projects
- Good experience of working in Afar region and communication skill in English and local language is an added value
- Extremely flexible, able to work independently, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
- Interest in and ability to work in team
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to work in remote areas
Place of work: Semera
Monthly salary: As per VSF Germany salary scale
No. of positions: One
Length of Contract: One year
Interested and qualified candidates meeting the minimum requirements should send application comprising of the following documents to VSF-Germany email Address;[email protected] mentioning the title of the position, with in 10 calendar days
- Updated CV not more than 3 pages
- Cover letter for application only One (1) page
- One-page summary table of educational background, work experience, skill, competence and current or last salary.
DON’T SUBMIT copies of transcripts, academic degrees, or recommendation letter as you will provide them up on request only. Make sure also you clearly state the job position in your email.
Due to the urgency of some position we shall conduct assessments on an ongoing basis as applications are received.
VSF Germany does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents