The WASH Officer will be part of the Integrated Multi-Sectoral Life-Saving Response to Crisis Affected Children and their Families Babile woredas of Somali Region, aiming at supporting local communities, returnees and IDPs affected by the recent crises. The incumbent of this position represents SC values and principles in interactions with beneficiaries, staff and external audiences. These values and principles include commitment to the mission of Save the Children international, team orientation, quality management and leadership development, introducing systems and procedures to strengthen staff motivation and productivity. S/he will be expected to work closely with the target communities; the project team, area offices and respective operational districts and regional level stakeholders. S/he will be responsible for the design, the timely implementation of the WASH activities at community and institutional level and their monitoring as per the approved project document, government and donor requirements and Save the Children standards
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:|
- To Ensure that the WASH promotion activities are implemented according to the approved donor and government agreements.
- Planning, implementation, monitoring, reporting and review of response activities as per the agreed document with donor and partners.
- Carrying out needs assessments and identify activities to increase awareness and enhance hygiene behaviour change.
- Develop request of material needed for WASH promotion activities and design IEC material according to the specific targeted group (adult, children, persons living with disabilities).
- Design, monitor and implement WASH promotion activities according to the identified needs. Those may include but are not limited to: conduct sex and age segregated consultations with the affected community, WASH kits distributions, WASH kits use demonstrations, water treatment and water quality monitoring, training and follow up of community health workers, cleaning campaign.
- Design, monitor and implement WASH promotion activities that keep the community and the staff safe from the risk of COVID-19 spread (maintain physical distance, activities and training implemented in open or well ventilated spaces etc.).
- Responsible for controlling and validating the quality of the material to purchase and received (particular for WASH and dignity kits).
- Provide daily/weekly report to immediate supervisor.
- Provide WASH promotion related training for the Water Management Committee, governmental technicians, and concerned community members related to measures to remain protected from COVID-19 and other WASH related disease and about the importance of properly use and maintain WASH infrastructures for the community to remain safe and healthy.
- Be based in the targeted regions (depending on the needs) for several days per week to monitor the activities, including overnight stay in rural areas.
- Work in close coordination with the community and all its representatives, including women, children, elderly and persons living with disabilities to ensure the specific needs and suggestions from all targeted beneficiaries are known. Work in close coordination with the WASH construction officers and other sectors colleagues to ensure that the overall WASH response address the needs of the targeted population, in the respect of dignity and local culture.
- Contribute to regular data collection in the field during needs assessments, post distribution monitoring, baseline and end-line surveys.
- Undertakes any other relevant tasks assigned by the supervisor
|SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)|
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds suppliers accountable to deliver on their responsibilities
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and takes responsibility for their own personal development
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Cuts away bureaucracy and encourages an entrepreneurial approach
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence
- Displays consistent excellent judgement
- University degree in public health or a related subject. Adequate experience in the field will substitute for formal qualifications.
- Minimum 3 years of total experience of which 1 years in WASH emergency interventions in NGOs or similar organization.
- Experience in WASH facilities construction in a complex and demanding workload.
- Substantial experience in coordinating, mobilizing community, planning, implementation, supervision, monitoring and reporting.
- Demonstrated work experience in designing, supervise and implementing water, sanitation and hygiene infrastructural programs in community, school and health centres.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work in rural areas where the project is implemented, within approved security frameworks.
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication, presentation and facilitation skills and an ability to train and mentor staff.
- Desired spoken and written English.
- Good computer skills (particularly Excel, Word and databases).
Qualified candidates can apply on the below link
WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com