|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 27, 2021|
|Category|| Engineering |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
IMMEDIATE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
International Development Enterprises (iDE) is an international NGO dedicated to creating income and livelihood opportunities for poor rural households of Ethiopia through development projects implemented in different parts of the country. iDE seeks to improve health outcomes by providing access to safe drinking water through low-cost and affordable household water technologies and by promoting rural sanitation through iDE’s Sanitation Marketing Approach. iDE Ethiopia’s model leverages the strengths of both private and public actors to drive sanitation access and uptake, including iDE-trained sales agents and latrine producers drawn from local communities, as well as working with government-employed health extension workers.
To date, iDE has enabled the sale of 17,507 improved toilets, which is remarkable progress given low donor investment relative to other iDE sanitation marketing programs. We have now laid the foundation to move from proof of concept to scale. Currently, iDE is preparing to scale up the sanitation marketing with an investment from the Dutch Embassy (EKN), USAID and VITOL Foundation.
We are seeking to recruit qualified and experienced personnel for the position specified hereunder. Hence, interested individuals who meet the specified requirements are invited to apply for the job opportunities.
- The WASH Officer is responsible to lead the design process and support the effort at scaling up sanitation marketing by strengthening both the private sector and public actors to drive sanitation access and uptake. He/she will closely work with and provide technical support to other implementing partners in the consortium.
- Lead the field staff and provide technical support in the area of WASH;
- Provide tailor-made technical guidance and backstopping expertise in WASH to field staff, consortium and government partners.
- Work closely with Program/Management Team and using Human-Centered Design; provide expertise, input, insights, and support to the design, development, and filed-testing of the market and business model concepts for WASH.
- Liaison with team leaders/Project Coordinators determining needs and priorities for WASH technology needs.
- Lead on training of sales agents and toilet manufacturers and create sustainable market for WASH products and services.
- Addis Ababa, with frequent travel to project intervention Zones and Woredas.
- Minim of BSc or above in Civil Engineering, Hydraulic, Water resources and supply, Environmental Engineering and other related fields.
- At least 6 years of experience on relevant project/program design and implementation experience in the areas of WASH in an international NGO or similar organization, preferable Market based WASH implementation.
- Very good understanding of national market based water, sanitation and hygiene policies and strategies, programs and stakeholders in Ethiopia.
- Demonstrable management experience in coordinating and conducting trainings.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Matured personality, result-oriented, problem-solving attitude & ability to work with little guidance.
- Sociable and team player.
Interested applicants and only those meeting the above requirements are invited to send non-returnable copies of their applications; including Letter of Application, CV, and Credentials to the following address:
International Development Enterprises (iDE) P.O. Box 7892 Addis Ababa OR E-mail: email@example.com
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- iDE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.