|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 8, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Job-specific roles and responsibilities
· Plan and/or Facilitate integrated/joint institutional and community WaSH resource and capacity assessment including feasibility study.
· Monitor and supervise day-to-day activities of construction and rehabilitation/maintenance and water trucking works and take corrective measures if any.
· Participate Project level WaSH plan and budget development and review
· Actively participate in WaSH scheme designing, BOQ development, and appraisal process
· Strongly engage with sector offices and local administration on the course of rolling out planned WASH construction project.
· Participate and provide technical support to conduct training for water committee, caretakers, and operators, H&S promotion where appropriate.
· Initiate construction procurement processes like tender/BID document preparation, supplier vetting, an invitation to tender, eligibility screening, Competent bid analysis, negotiation, and construction contract Award process!
· Proactively work with local partners for timely site handover and contraction work commencement
· Implement save the children construction monitoring, risk assessment, and construction quality benchmark tools and standards.
· Produce various WASH construction monitoring reports and hygiene and sanitation promotion progress report
· Facilitate timely preparation of take-off sheet and payment certificate with support of WASH manager
· Coordinate pre-handover joint quality tests/quality assurance intervention with regional and technical specialists
· Lead smooth hand over process for completed WaSH construction facilities
· Facilitate promotion of hygiene and sanitation information and practices across target communities.
Facilitate coordination of WaSH sector intervention across programs and projects under the field office
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES
· BSc; civil engineering, Hydraulics or hydrology, irrigation Engineering, public health, construction management, or Equivalent level with relevant field of study
- At least 3-5 years of experience in Engineering skills, requirement/ specification development, cost estimation/BOQ, and BID analysis.
- Experience in implementing Sanitation and hygiene promotions works and capacity-building support at the community level.
- Competent knowledge of WASH construction work, rehabilitation, and Emergency water trucking monitoring. Familiar with innovative WASH technologies and systems in resource-limited settings
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITY
· Very good conceptual understanding of the job
· Strong interpersonal skill
· Very good skill in communication
· Computer literate: Ms-office, Excel, Auto CAD, planning and scheduling tools