|Date Posted||October 31, 2019|
|Category|| Engineering |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
- The WASH Program Manager is a management position that involves planning, management and monitoring of the WASH program (water supply program and capacity building of staff) in Somali Region, Aw-bere and Sheder refugee camps. She/He is responsible for the overall management of WASH projects including site assessment, site identification, and proposal development, re-design of the water systems, design of the water systems, preparation of BoQ, specifications, and drawings. The position also requires proper management of the financial, material and other resources under the program and reporting periodically to supervisor.The WASH program Manager reports to Senior WASH program related to the technical program and Programs director related to administration.
- Oversee the implementation of the WASH program in Aw-bere and Sheder Refugee camps to ensure the program is implemented according to schedule, budgets, and international standards
- Re-design, or design the water system layout, Prepare BoQ, drawings, and optimized design for water supply infrastructures: Pipe layout, electro mechanical equipment, and storage tanks
- Supervise quality of construction works, and installation of electro mechanical equipment
- Monitor the purchase and use of materials, equipment and supplies;
- Conduct regular water system operation and management training for the staff on Water quality, plumbing, and data management
- Conduct regular monitoring and internal evaluations, and conduct annual KPC surveys in collaboration with ARRA;
- Contribute in the development of proposals, budgets and concept notes in coordination with the WASH team in Addis Ababa, and proposal development team;
- Prepare monthly progress reports according to UNHCR standards and template, internal reports and M & E report for concerned sectors
- Liaises with HR/Admin, Logistics, and Finance departments to ensure smooth operations of WASH activities;
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IMC programs
- Oversee the implementation of the WASH program in Aw-bere and Sheder Refugee camps to ensure the program is implemented according to schedule, budgets, and international standard
- Recruit staff in conjunction with the Human Resources Department
- Maintain updated job descriptions, conduct interviews, and orient new staff to the IMC and the WASH program
- Provide ongoing supervision, and technical support and guidance to WASH staff, and ensure all WASH staff adhere to best-practice principles in all aspects of program implementation
- Ensure Performance Management System documentation for all staff is in place and followed up regularly
- Build staff capacity in work plan development and reporting to ensure accurate monitoring and documentation of activities.
- Recommend and implement a capacity building/development plan for project staff based on documented capacity needs assessments exercise.
- Ensure WASH staff understands and follows IMC and donor Policies and Procedures in collaboration with IMC HR/Admin
Grants Management & Reporting
- Manage and oversee WASH grants; develop and maintain work, spending and procurement plans according to the IMC templates and procedures;
- Prepare finance utilization plan and review monthly financial pipeline;
- Participate in Grants Opening, Mid-Term and Closing meetings;
- Prepare internal and external reports within agreed deadlines using IMC and donor formats, as required;
- Assure appropriate and timely spending of grants to achieve program goals, grant reporting contributions, use and distribution of supplies and resources.
Representation & Coordination
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders - including NGOs, UN agencies, Gov’t representatives and other IMC sectors to enhance cooperation and coordination;
- Ensure that information from coordination meetings is shared internally and with other sectors, as appropriate;
- Attend the WASH coordination meetings
- Represent the IMC in other relevant forums at field as per the instruction from CD, or Program director.
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor, or programs director
- Minimum university degree in Civil, Hydraulic, or Water Resource Engineering,
- Six years work experience in WASH for Degree, or four years for post graduate preferably in a humanitarian setting (refugee camps, rural development, or emergency response)
- Two years senior level management experience and supervising contractors and interaction with international staff and partners and donors.
- Competent in using Windows, and other Engineering software: AutoCAD, Hydraulics soft wares Epnaet, WaterCAD, and GPS
- Ability to work under pressure in a potentially unstable security environment.
- Flexible, willing to travel and live temporarily in harsh environment
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter and CV through www.ethiojobs.net before OR on October 31,2019
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.