|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 31, 2019|
|Category|| Engineering |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Tetra Tech Inc. is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 employees in our 450 offices around the world. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resources management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech Inc. is working on USAID-Ethiopia’s Engineering Services and Construction Oversight (ESCO) project which is currently in its second phase. The project includes providing engineering services and oversight for health facilities, national blood bank service, water supply for health facilities, rural water supply and sanitation.
Tetra Tech Inc. is currently seeking expressions of interest for a WASH Regional Engineer to work on projects under ESCO-2. Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. The WASH Regional Engineer will be responsible for the following activities:
- Conduct site oversight on weekly basis (or as the work demands) to project sites around the duty station and to other locations, as required
- Prepare and update weekly oversight reports, project trackers (cost & time), defects logs, and other deliverables (as required) and submit to Addis office for review on a timely manner
- Provide technical input and support resolution of technical and other related issues, as required
- Provide technical input for any queries USAID may raise on construction works done by the implementing partners/contractors, as required
- Provide input for responses to implementing partners’/contractors’ requests for information
- Participate in implementing partners and contractors’ study and design documents, as required
- Up on approval from USAID/Tetra Tech, liaise with contractors and implementing partners at site level about look-ahead schedules and technical issues
- Up on approval from USAID/Tetra Tech, provide technical input and assistance to contractors and implementing partners (IPs) at site level
- Participate in meetings, workshops, and trainings at Addis office, as required
- Other duties as assigned by Chief of Party or supervisor
- Reports to the Senior WASH Project Manager.
Essential educational, experience, and competency requirements are:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in engineering with specialization in water resources engineering or other related fields
- Relevant experience, preferably on USAID or donor-funded construction supervision and design activities/projects
- Experience in water supply or water resources engineering
- Experience in development and rehabilitation of rural and urban water supply systems
- Ethiopian engineering certification
- Experience managing staff and project tasks
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Word, and Excel
- Proficiency in English, both oral and written
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
To be considered for evaluation, candidates must follow and submit the following:
Indicate the title of position you are applying for on the email subject
Cover letter (mention the position you are applying in the cover letter)
Three professional references.
Only electronic submission of applications will be considered for evaluation. Please submit your application through ESCO2jobs@tetratech.com Applications are expected by Thursday October 31, 2019.
Tetra tech Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, and disability.