|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 15, 2021|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Reporting to: Renewable Energy, Sustainability, and Greening Program Head
Duty Station: Based in Shashemene with frequent travel to project sites
Length of Contract: Up to 31st December 2022. (With possibility of extension)
The Waste Management Officer is responsible for designing and implementation of waste for Value project activities at the local level with the partner office using participatory and community-based approaches. S/he is also responsible to provide technical support and guidance at the local level to Wereda experts, partner staff working in the waste for value project and similar initiatives, etc. S/he is also responsible for detailed work planning, supervise and oversee project activity implementation, conduct regular monitoring and evaluation, compiling progress reports and documentation, and sharing of best practices and lessons learned in the Waste for Value Project, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the overall project activity and financial project implementation progress in close collaboration with NCA partner’s staffs.
- Provide technical support and follow-up in all W4V project activities.
- Represent NCA in all coordination platforms, partnership engagement and ensure NCA visibility.
Project ManagementActively involve in waste management concepts/proposal developments targeting different towns as it required.
- Support the scaleup of new and existing innovative Eco-friendly initiatives to neighboring towns. i.e., W4V
- Provide support to NCA partner in developing detail implementation plan (DIP).
- Provide project management support to NCA partner on day-to-day project activity implementation in accordance with the planned detail project implementation plan (DIP).
- Lead and facilitate W4V project monitoring at project level with NCA partner team to evaluate the progress against the project indicators and take corrective actions based on the findings.
- Submit weekly, monthly, and quarterly project progress report to immediate supervisor.
- Contribute to the formulation of final reports to the back-donor.
- Ensure proper documentation through NCA project management system (PIMS) to all W4V project related documents (periodic reports, monitoring reports, interaction notes, meeting minutes, etc.)
- Ensure NCA visibility in all W4V project activities.
- Develop content and supervise the production process of the Project IEC materials.
- BSc degree in public health, environmental science, waste management or other related fields a with wide range of hands-on experience in waste management.
- 6 years’ experience in similar role and projects.
- Experience in waste management or recycling in a waste management firm, environmental agency, or not-for-profit organization specializing in environmental causes is very recommended for this position.
Physical environment and demand
- Keen and able to multi-task and work on own initiative and with less supervision.
- Fluency in Oromifa language is mandatory.
Interested applicants are required to send their application, CV and other supportive documents via firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 22nd June 2021.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted via telephone/email.
NCA is an equal opportunity organization.
Qualified women applicants are highly encouraged to apply.