|Location||Kebribeyah, Somali, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 21, 2020|
|Category|| Engineering |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
. Lead the Sustainable Livelihood and WASH activities including management of project quality, M& E and budget management
· Lead the development of procurement, activity and budget plan for the project
· Lead Kebribeyah Project Team in implementation, reviewing progress and results, identify gaps and solutions and share technical ideas for the project staff;
· Support the project staff with technical and management inputs relating to project activity plan;:
· Responsible with others for the study and design of water supply and sanitation schemes,
· Produce study and design documents construction specifications, bill of quantities & construction schedule for the water, hygiene and sanitation works to be carried out in the project.
· Facilitate the water, sanitation and hygiene provisions to the community on time with the needed quantity and quality,
. Apart from his/her role as team leader, carry out the WASH activities of the project with full responsibility.
· Facilitate implementation of sanitation and hygiene activities in LWF intervention areas,
· Ensure service and maintenance of water pumps and other equipment are being carried out on time.
· Conduct/arrange training on water usage/conservation and sanitation to the Water Committee,
· Conduct/arrange awareness raising sessions for the targeted people in LWF intervention areas,
· Prepare annual, quarterly and monthly work plans for the project including food security, water supply, sanitation scheme and related works based on the project document,
· Facilitate/Prepare monthly work plan on food security, water work and sanitation and check if all activities are implemented according to the plan. Inform the project coordinator any deviation for timely decision,
· Supervise the up-keeping and check monthly progress records of the work carried out by the team.
· Make sure that the operation and maintenance of the water supply points in the project are handled properly together with the project staffs, host communities and other concerned bodies.
· Supervise the quality and quantity of work of the food security activities, water supply and sanitation schemes and related construction activities,
· Supervise rehabilitation work of different water supply schemes,
· Responsible for materials & properties allocated for the food security, water supply and sanitation scheme,
· Ensure the establishment and strengthening of community water users committee and also make sure that the water and sanitation works are sustainable.
Required qualification and Work Experiance:
· M.Sc. or Bachelor Degree in Water Supply Engineering or Water Resource Engineering or Hydraulic Engineering or any other related discipline
· Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience for MSc and 4 years for BSc degree.
· Excellent written and oral English language skills required
· Ability to lead a team
· Ability of planning for better future and crisis management
· Interested to work under pressure
· Knowledge of the Somali language is advantageous
· Previous related experience in NGO setup is an advantage
Interested candidates who meet the above requirement can send ONLY detailed C.V and application letter through Ethiojobs.
Women are encouraged to apply and only short-listed applicants will be contacted.