|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 26, 2019|
|Category|| Engineering |
Health Care / Medical
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Water, Sanitation and Health Department Head supports the development and preparation of the WASH and Public Health programs and will lead the Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene promotion programs, providing overall technical and management oversight to the program. The incumbent is responsible for the planning, implementation, budget management and monitoring of WASH and Public Health activities in their respective areas.
- Provide technical advice to the Commissioner on all Water, Sanitation and Health issues
- Provide project-level and field-level capacity building for staff, communities and local government, if needed.
- Develop concept notes and liaises with donors on technical aspects in consultation with the program staff, HR & Finance departments and the Commissioner
- Manage and implement WASH projects
- Provide technical support to key stakeholders, as needed and appropriate
- Provide monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual reports to the Commission office and donors
- Meet project goals, objectives, outputs and requirements
- Undertake field visits to monitor programs, as well as conduct periodic program reviews with donor or government counterparts and other partners
- Propose and/or undertake action on operational procedures affecting project management and implementation
- Identify, plan and organize WASH training programs for staff and other relevant bodies
- Represent EKHCDC externally in the project areas as required.
- Foster, develop and maintain partnership relationships with national partners, communities and other relevant bodies to assess the effectiveness of current projects and to identify possibilities for new projects
- Promote positive team environment between staff.
- Facilitate dialog and group decision making where appropriate.
- Ensure mentoring and coaching for performance is undertaken for direct reports.
- Support the Operations and Programs Teams to ensure the efficient and proper use of funds, supporting team in the development and management of the program and grant level budgets
- Support the Operations and Programs Teams to ensure compliance with donor monitoring, spending and legal requirements.
- EKHCDC Commissioner
Term of Employment:
- One year with high possibility of extension
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Essential experience required:
- Masters Degree in Public Health, Water Engineering, Geology, Hydrology or related technical field
- Seven years of work experience in the development sector with experience in the water and sanitation sector
- Hands on coordination experience in water wells drilling works and surface water development
- Fluency in English
- Skills in project designing and appraisal
- Knowledge of the methodology of program/project management
Competencies of successful candidate:
- Communicates clearly in English and is able to facilitate workshops and meetings
- Has good communication skills, both written and oral
- Builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well
- Sets high standards for quality of work and coordinates group activities
- Manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones
- Computer skills for project management
- Team leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to assess information and statistics
- Understanding of gender empowerment, human rights and accountability principles, particularly within relation to women and children
- Ability to analyse and solve problems quickly and effectively
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting copies of an application letter with updated CV, telephone number, essential reference documents, certificates, contact addresses of your referees to the following address:
Ethiopian Kale Heywet Church
Development Commission Office,
HR & Logistic