|Date Posted||November 1, 2019|
|Category|| Engineering |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
- Reporting to the WASH program Manager, the Electro mechanical Officer will be responsible for installation of water supply system electromechanical parts & ensuring proper operation & scheduled maintenance of the water supply system including generators, surface pumps, electric systems, and switch boards installed towards supply of safe and adequate water to the refugee camps and host communities The Electro mechanical Officer involve in planning, management and monitoring of the water supply electro mechanical equipment, and capacity building of water system operators in Somali Region, Aw-bere and Sheder refugee camps. She/He is responsible for the management of electro mechanical equipment including service the equipment on scheduled based, identify necessary spares and ensure the availability, and tracking the fuel management
- Serve as main technical focal point for activities related to troubleshooting, operation and maintenance of electro-mechanical parts (pumps, generators, control systems, etc---) of water supply systems of Aw-bere and Sheder refugee camps and host community.
- Identify gaps & plan for onsite training to build the capacity of the water system operators, Assistant Water Technician Officers, and Plumbers in Aw-bere /Sheder refugee Camps in consultation with the WASH Program Manager.
- Ensures that all generators, pumps and fittings at borehole, boosting stations, and distribution systems, have enough back up easily moving parts.
- Prepare detail specification including item description, part # and quantity of spare parts necessary to fix identified problems on electro-mechanical parts (pumps, generator set, control panels, etc) of water supply schemes.
- Identify & ensure the procurement of tools and equipment’s required towards operation & maintenance of the water supply systems including generators, pumps and control panel for pumps;
- Prepare & put in place monitoring plan for the operation & servicing of the generators and pumps;
- Keep records of fuel consumption, generator working hours and electro mechanical equipment performance indicators during the operation and maintenance phase and report to the WASH Program Manager copy the WASH officer.
- Organize and deliver trainings on operation and maintenance of electro-mechanical parts to operators, plumbers and Assistant Water Technicians Officers.
- Provide the necessary technical support to WMCs, operators, plumbers and technicians in operation and maintenance of their water supply schemes;
- Prepare, weekly and monthly progress reports and keep the supervisor informed of the maintenance and/or installation of electro-mechanical parts;
- Visit the generators and pump on daily bases and provide guidance and advise for the operators and maintenance team
- Install generators and pumps in the water supply systems
- Assist the WASH Program Manager in project proposal development and quarter and annual reporting regarding to electromechanical operation activities.
- Fill time sheet for the staff under he/she supervise
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IMC programs
- Ensure WASH staff understands and follows IMC and donor Policies and Procedures in collaboration with IMC HR/Admin
- Diploma or Degree in Water supply Electro mechanical, Degree on Electricity or Mechanical engineering or Auto mechanics or related practical experience on maintenance of generators, surface pumps, submersible pumps, and control boards
- Four years’ experience for Auto Mechncia, three years’ experience in Diploma, or two years for degree preferably in a humanitarian setting (refugee camps, rural development, or emergency response)
- Competent in using Windows, word and excel
- Ability to work under pressure in a potentially unstable security environment.
- Flexible, willing to travel and live temporarily in harsh environment
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter and CV through www.ethiojobs.net before OR on October 31, 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.