|Location||Borena Zone , Liben/Dawa Zone of Somali Region , South Omo Zones, SNNPR, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 11, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Project Concern International (PCI) is a non-profit organization with a mission to empower people to enhance health, end hunger, overcome hardship and advance women & girls. Our vision is that the most vulnerable people in the world will have the power to lift themselves out of poverty and will create vital, healthy lives for their families and communities now and in the future.
Women Empowered (WE) is a PCI’ global savings and self-help group initiative dedicated to promoting the economic and social empowerment of women. In Ethiopia, PCI’s Women Empowered program is part of a USAID-funded program working to support Resilience in Pastoral Areas (RIPA) for pastoral communities. PCI will aim to form or strengthen existing savings and self-help groups throughout the target areas of the project. PCI will also pilot the use of a mobile savings group app in a select number of woredas.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
This position will provide training, quality assurance, management, and coordination for WE staff and promotors within the RIPA program. At respective Zone level, to lead the training to form new or strengthen existing VSLA /US groups and supervise training of the groups using PCI’s WE methodology to meet overall RIPA program objectives. The WE Master Trainer will also support the piloting of a mobile app for savings groups with WE groups in the selected demonstration Kebeles through targeted digital literacy training.
The WE Master Trainer will lead the training and supervision of PCI’s Women Empowered (WE) program within a specific Zone and support the implementation of the same across the entire RIPA program. Based in each Zonal Office, the WE Master Trainer will work under the supervision of the WE Specialist and will directly manage the WE Supervisors in their Zone. Expect frequent in-Zone travel to provide training and supportive supervision to WE Supervisors and WE Promoters and occasional trips to the project headquarters office in Addis Ababa for planning meetings and refresher trainings.
Department: Disaster Risk Management (DRM)
Reports to: WE Specialist
Direct reports: WE Supervisor
Number of positions: 3 positions (one position per zone)
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Programs and team management
- Design and adapt approaches, methods and techniques in alignment with PCI’s WE Initiative methodology to ensure sustainable contribution to the achievement of set RIPA goals and related foundational results;
- Develop, support and update WE’s detailed implementation plan and coordinate the execution of activities and sub-activities within the detailed implementation plan, in coordination with the WE Manager and other program units and staff, and within budget parameters
- Coordinate monthly activity planning, develop monthly cash forecasts and ensure that they are submitted to Finance;
- Facilitate team building. Motivate and maintain strong relationships with staff and communities in the operations areas to ensure that they are trained and effectively exposed to PCI program models, approaches and strategies to enhance their achievements and realization of desired changes within the PCI mission and vision;
- Provide supportive supervision of the WE team.
2. Quality assurance, documentation, monitoring, learning and evaluations
- Provide training and quality assurance across all PCI Ethiopia WE initiatives, including work in BBS and DreamSave;
- Monitor implementation, support data collection, analyze relevant data to inform strategy, approach and implementation;
- On quarterly basis, and whenever the need arises, coordinate and supervise collection of WE groups and members’ performance data, entry into PCI’s MIS/SAVIX and its dissemination to relevant levels;
- Participate in WE program and RIPA program situation analysis, baseline/endline surveys, data quality assurance, midterm reviews, final evaluation and other relevant studies;
- Ensure quality through regular monitoring of activities, checking appropriate standards and procedures are observed in the WE methodology;
- Ensure quality and timely monthly, quarterly, bi–annual and annual programs/projects narrative reports and facilitate program/project monthly funding and review financial reports.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of gender transformative programs that engage men and boys around women’s economic empowerment
3. Representation and other duties as assigned
- Work closely with other PCI Ethiopia sectors to encourage and promote inter-program integration;
- Establish, manage and maintain relationships with relevant WE program partners, stakeholders and relevant private institutions and represent PCI with key external stakeholders within technical area;
- Represent PCI Ethiopia in strategic forums at the Zonal, and Woreda levels
- In collaboration with the WE Specialist, work closely with WE team at PCI’s International Office and other regional PCI WE programs to ensure standardized implementation of the WE Initiative at the global level;
- Other relevant duties as assigned by the WE Specialist, Chief of Party, Deputy chief of party and/or Country Director.
- This position is based in at Zonal capital with up to 60% time traveling to assigned pastoral kebeles within the woredas where the application is relevant.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- An Advanced Diploma or University Degree in Community Development, Social Sciences, or relevant field;
- A Master’s Degree in Community Economic Development, Social Sciences, Economic, or other relevant field preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience in training or providing technical support to community level savings and lending group programming. Experience in implementing gender sensitive, social-economic programming or managing economic development or livelihoods programs;
- Strong understanding and up-to-date technical knowledge of best practices in village savings and loans field. Technical ability in designing or adapting village savings and loan related curriculum. Substantial experience using and including participatory approaches in program implementation, including facilitation skills (and training of trainers);
- Substantial experience and knowledge of effective budget monitoring, execution and internal controls. Demonstrated experience managing and developing a team and ability to lead, motivate and develop others. Demonstrated experience in interacting and working with government officials, partners and community-based stakeholders; exceptional program management skills
- High level of working familiarity with Guji and Borena of Oromia Region and Liben and Dawa Zones of Somali region and South Omo Zone of SNNPR of Ethiopia
- Change-maker: Has a passion for the mission and values of PCI and AfriScout
- Innovator: Seeks creative solutions to problems and challenges existing paradigms
- Edifier: Able to inspire and motivate a team and build trust with communities
- Ally: Possesses an appreciation and respect for local customs and traditions
The closing date for this application is April 20, 2020. Interested applicants who meet the qualifications should send their application letter and Curriculum Vitae on Ethiojobs.net on or before the closing date. Applicants must clearly indicate in their application letter the duty station that they are applying for.
Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.