|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 22, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
Health Care / Medical
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Website Development and Maintenance to Local Implementing Partners
IntraHealth International Ethiopia Office is seeking proposals from highly qualified & experienced website development/IT firm/consultant to design, develop and implement website to ten local implementing partners, as an integral part of capacity development endeavors under the USAID funded Accelerated Support to Advanced Local Partners (ASAP) project.
ASAP is funded through an Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity Contract (IDIQ) led by IntraHealth. The purpose of the contract is to rapidly prepare Local Partners to have the capabilities and resources to serve as Prime Partners for USAID/U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) programming, in compliance with USAID and PEPFAR procedures.
As part of the capacity development effort, ASAP will support USAID Local Implementing Partners (LIPs) to establish, update and maintain well designed, up to date and functioning website and IT system. This will improve the opportunities for LIPs to effectively use information and communication technologies to document and widely disseminate their success, best practices and achievements as well as establish backup system to manage and secure organization/ project data, information and communications; mobilize resources, and influence policy and practice.
Responsibilities and tasks of IT firm/consultant:
The successful IT firm/consultant is expected to develop functioning organizational website, email and data security system for ten USAID Local Implementing Partners (7 based in Addis Ababa & 3 outside A.A: Kombolcha, Bahir-Dar and Dugda/Meki towns): Specific tasks includes:
- Conduct assessment of each organization capacity and existing IT system, website and domain
- Develop/ update organizational website, email and information and data backup system
- Design the websites using an open source content management system and use WordPress to make the sights easier to maintain.
- Install security updates both in the operating system and for the websites on a regular basis
- Improve LIPs IT system and data/information security system
- Enhance organizational development in the areas of IT adoption to simplify business process including travel, transport and procurement services
- Develop data security protocol
- Conduct onsite training/coaching each organizations IT staff to continue maintaining and securing the organization website and email domain
- Develop tools and guideline to use as a reference for troubleshooting
- Report on the current IT capacity of the ten LIPs
- Functioning website and email domain for each of the ten LIPs with installed security update and updated project/organization information/data
- Organizational/project information and data backup system
- Data/Information security protocol/guide
- Tools and guideline to use as a reference for maintenance and troubleshooting
- Report on training/coaching of LIPs IT staff
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Period of Performance: January to March 2020
Travel: Requires travelling to Bahir-Dar, Kombolcha and Dugda/Meki
The IT firm/consultant should have:
- Qualified website design professional at least BA degree in IT and related fields
- Adequate experience in website development and maintenance
- Ability to work and deliver in a tight work schedule
- Willingness and commitment to propose a flexible and sound timeline to deliver a quality service/product
- Comfortable working in coordination with 10 local implementing partners and the ASAP team
- Willingness to utilizing its own development staff rather than subcontracting pieces of work to additional vendors
- Data management experience
- Understanding of public health and development program
- Capability to produce a successful & responsive website design/ re-design
- Business license, TIN certificates and competency certificate to conduct such assignments
- Relevant qualification: & experience: 45%
- Proposed Cost/Finance: 30%
- Technical Approach 25%
Potential firm/consultant is requested to submit the technical and financial proposal in a sealed envelope to the address below by COB January 15, 2020: IntraHealth Ethiopia Office: Attention to XXXXXXXXXXXX
Bole Sub City, Woreda 03, House No. 2310
Behind Bole Medhanialem Church, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- +251-912-277-790; +251-11-662-7851/+251-11-668-6669 ext.146
- The design of the website should be welcoming, attractive and created by a member or members of the IT firm professional design staff. The final version of the design should be a collaborative effort between the ASAP team, Local Implementing Partners and the IT firm/consultant, incorporating elements that effectively represent the donor's brand and image through a consultative development process.
- The IT firm/consultant should utilize a data-driven design process to gather information to complete a comprehensive website. The techniques should include the best practices of usability and user experience.
- The IT firm/consultant should undertake a rapid survey/assessment of key stakeholders - Local Implementing Partners Leadership, ASAP, and donor teams as well as internal staff for its user-friendliness and validate usability.