|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||December 1, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Woman Entrepreneurship Development Project (WEDP) operating under the Entrepreneurship Development Institute (EDI)-Ethiopia, is a National Urban project covering 18 cities (Addis Ababa, Diredawa, Adama, Bahirdar, Mekele, Hawasa, Assela, Axume, Dila, Gonder, Shashemene, Welayta Sodo, Jima, Arba-minch, Nekemt, Dessie, Debremarkos and Shire).
WEDP has three components: (1) Access to microfinance; (2) Entrepreneurial skills, technology; and (3) Project Management, Advocacy and Outreach, Monitoring and Evaluation and Impact Evaluation.
The objective of WEDP is to increase the earnings and employment capacity of women-oriented MSEs in targeted cities. This will be achieved by: (i) tailoring financial instruments to the needs of the participants and ensuring availability of finance; and (ii) developing the entrepreneurial and technical competencies skills of the target group and supporting cluster, technology and product development for their businesses. The project beneficiaries are existing and new micro and small enterprises owned or partly owned by women in the targeted cities who credibly and clearly demonstrate their potential and desire to grow.
Specific tasks of City Coordinator will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following
- The City Coordinator handles all the program activities of the project and schedules her/his weekly, monthly and yearly programs, activities and events, visits, follow ups, reports etc of the respective City based on the annual plan.
- She/he reaches out the OSS, Women, Child youth Office, trade office, the chamber, Women Associations and MFI’s to promote EDI services to the potential clients through these offices and institutions
- She/he will be responsible for the coordination, monitoring and facilitation of the provision of information on registration of clients, trainings, provision of loan & other supports and services provided by the OSS’s, MFI’s, TVET colleges , e-commerce plat forms and capital Goods Finance business providers to EDI clients in the respective cities.
- She/he works with the BDS counselors and BDS consultants (providers) in the promotion of BDS to EDI clients in the city and satellite towns.
- She/he carries out outreach activities to promote EDI services and closely follow-ups and insure that the registration of clients is done both in soft and hard copy. Client’s data is recorded in the MIS, hard copies are properly compiled and filed and membership ID is properly issued.
- Make periodic visits and follow ups to project implementers (OSS,TVET’s,MFI’s) and partners to coordinate and facilitate their services to EDI clients.
- She/he make sure that the environment and safety lessons are given at the end of entrepreneurship trainings and lessons on e-commerce, kaizen are facilitated to those who are willing to provide the training.
- She/he engages in the call for trainings, workshops, briefings, trainings on Kaizen, bazaars, business competition and facilitate the collection of data and information from clients.
- She/he undertakes timely correspondences and communications with respective city MSED Bureau/Agency/Office and EDI Management through e-mails, reports, fax, telephone, etc.
- She/he keep’s files related to Communication and outreach, Monitoring and evaluation, Finance, Procurement, MFI’s and TVET College’s data and reports in soft and hard copy in a classified way.
- She/he facilitates and ensures timely utilization of resources and submission of financial reports including original supporting documents.
- She/he works with the OSS and the city MSED Bureau/Agency/Office in the area of marketing of the products of EDI member’s and in the Sub-contracting with the medium and large industries.
- She/he performs any additional jobs related to EDI given by EDI regional coordinator.
1. REF# ET-FUJCFSA-222957-CS-INDV City Coordinator for Jima City 1
2. REF# ET-FUJCFSA-223035-CS-INDV City Coordinator for Shashamane City 1
3. REF# ET-FUJCFSA-223034-CS-IND City Coordinator for Arba Minch City 1
4. REF# ET-FUJCFSA-222954-CS-INDV City Coordinator for Debre Markos City 1
5. REF# ET-FUJCFSA-222718-CS-CDS City Coordinator for Dire Dawa City 1
6. ET-FUJCFSA-223036-CS-INDV City Coordinator for Nekemte city 1
7. ET-FUJCFSA-223039-CS-INDV City Coordinator for Dessie City 1
8. ET-FUJCFSA-223061-CS-INDV City Coordinator for Wolayita Sodo City 1
Number of vacant positions: 8
Reporting to: Regional EDI Coordinator
Duration: 1 year to be extended based on performance
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
The applicants should have the following qualification, experience and skills
- BA or MA in management, economics, cooperative, business management, business administration, marketing management, Communication and other related business fields.;
- 6 years for BA and 4 years for MA working experience related to coordination, promotion and support services to economic enterprises;
- Certified on ETW
- At least 2 years’ experience on entrepreneurship training, MSE development and/or Industry extension support.
- Experience in coordinating or facilitating entrepreneurship /business training
- Computer skills including Excel data management and analysis and power point.
- Skills in planning and execution of women economic programs.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Certification in ETW is advantageous
The shortlisting criteria are:
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III paragraph 3.16 and 3.17 of The World Bank Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers Procurement In Investment Project Financing Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services (recent Edition) (“Procurement Regulation”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance to Section VII para 7.34 to 7.39 of The World Bank Procurement Regulation based on qualification and relevant experience of the applicants to the assignment.