|Location||Shire, Tigray, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 7, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Leadership and Representation
• Provide strategic vision and leadership to the SP Project Team
• Represent SP and the project teams at all relevant donor and stakeholder meetings
• Participate in all strategic planning meetings and activities
• Provide regular updates to partners, country program leadership, and government and non-government coordination bodies as requested
• Establish and maintain good working relations with external agencies and organizations, local partner organizations, provincial and local government offices, and all stakeholders in the respective geographic areas
• Facilitate exchange of information and experiences;
Program Quality and Management
• Liaise with WFP to develop and implement monthly and weekly plans for the teams, and to resolve problems in a timely and efficient manner
• Coordinate team members’ travel to the field and ensure field teams have relevant and timely access to all necessary information, equipment and support
• Provide logistical backup for the distribution teams in the field
• Ensure, in consultation with the Head of Programs, project compliance with WFP and SP standards and SP principles of justice, solidarity, and subsidiarity
• Facilitate appropriate problem solving relevant to CRS programming activities
• Provide technical and managerial advice to the country program regarding the implementation of the FLA
• Train, manage, and monitor a team of four Field Team Leaders responsible for assessment, community relations/coordination, monitoring and evaluation, and oversight of all SP Programming activities in Mekele and Shire
• Work with SP M&E staff to develop and implement monitoring systems, and ensure that M&E systems are properly implemented and reported by team members
• Manage the collection of field level data and reports, and ensure submission of timely reports and invoices to the Head of Programs
• Lead implementation of the MEAL policies and procedures that are mandatory for the emergency response
• Ensure project compliance with donor and SP regulations
• Approve project expenditures, carry out regular budget tracking and take the lead on official requests for modifications when needed
• In collaboration with the Head of Programs and Business Development Manager, identify and preposition for new funding opportunities
• Support the development of new project proposals (assessments, project design, writing, technical review, etc.)
• Ensure annual performance planning and reviews of staff performance in keeping with SP’s performance management system. Mentor staff to ensure high levels of motivation, commitment, capacity and teamwork
• Ensure staff compliance with all SP administrative and operational procedures and policies, as well as applicable donor regulations
• Identify training needs for team members under his/her supervision and support the development of Program Quality capacity building for team member and partners
• Assist staff in maintaining healthy relationships with local government, and cooperating organizations through regular contacts, visits and fulfillment of program requirements
• Ensure that SP policies and regulations are followed by all team members; especially field security guidelines
• Coordinate with the Security Coordinator and Country Representative on security to provide any pertinent security information to the security manager and receive updates on a regular basis
• Participate in SP meetings and workshops on strategic planning and agency-wide initiatives as requested by supervisor
• Travel to the field regularly to directly oversee program implementation
• Other duties as assigned by the Head of Programs
Required Experience and Qualifications:
• Minimum 3 years’ experience managing humanitarian food programs, preferably with SP and WFP
• Master’s level degree or equivalent in related field
• Minimum three years proven management experience
Experience in supervising teams and in leadership roles in general
• Experience of living and working in difficult conditions
• Strong coordination and organizational skills
• Data management skills and experience
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
• Ability to communicate and develop reports to a high standard in English
• Able to spend time in difficult field conditions
Fluent spoken and written English and Amharic required. Fluency in Tigerna language is preferred. Ability to read and interpret documents such as government laws and regulations, humanitarian and political reports, and annual reports. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before large groups and key partners.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram, form, and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk extensively in rough terrain. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. Noise level is moderate (example: business office with computers and printers, light traffic). The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested applicants can send ONLY updated CV (maximum of 3 pages) and application letter (one Page only) no later than July 9,2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please write the position title you are applying for in the email subject line, ''WFP Program Manager"