|Date Posted||April 11, 2020|
|Category|| Other |
|Job Type|| Part-time |
Appen is a global leader in the development of high-quality, human-annotated datasets for machine learning and artificial intelligence. Appen brings over 20 years of experience capturing and enriching a wide variety of data types including speech, text, image, and video. With deep expertise in more than 180 languages and access on a global crowd of over 1 million skilled contractors, Appen partners with technology, automotive and eCommerce companies — as well as governments worldwide — to help them develop, enhance and use products that rely on natural languages and machine learning.
The Alsea project is in search of linguists with experience in sociolinguistics/dialectology and phonetics/phonology for a linguistic consultation task via a spreadsheet questionnaire.
· Linguist reads each question and gives their reply, providing examples and references wherever possible.
· Linguists can add any further comments or questions.
· The task is meant to be completed in English.
Required Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
· Native-speaker proficiency in Amharic (Ethiopia) language.
· Professional working proficiency in English
· Formal higher education in Linguistics or Language Sciences, with a focus on Synchronic Linguistic Analysis, Dialectology and Sociolinguistics of the target language
· Experience or proven interest in Phonetics and Phonology
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
· Graduate level education in Linguistics or Language Sciences, with a focus on Synchronic Linguistic Analysis, Dialectology and Sociolinguistics of the target language
Please follow the steps below on how to apply for the Project Alsea:
1. Create an account by clicking apply.
2. Once your account has been created, it will be reviewed after 24-48 hours.
3. Once your account has been reviewed, proceed to your profile and click the 'All Projects' Tab and look for Alsea.
4. Choose the "Qualify" button to start your qualification process for the project.
Please make sure to follow the instruction on how to proceed with your application.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.