|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 27, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type
Local - Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
- Manage tools, equipment, machineries and spare parts under his custodian
- Deliver the required tools for Automotive Trainers and Trainees while on training and collect after completion of training session
- Deliver lubricants for training purpose after approval by project manager/dean/
- Assist Automotive Trainers in delivering both theoretical & practical sessions
- Plan, facilitate and ensure the acquisition of the necessary workshop supplies for both training and vehicle service/maintenance purpose
- Work as assistant mechanic in conducting the service and maintenance of project as well as customers vehicles
- Oversee and realize the cleaning and proper setup of workshop to create conducive environment for the intended purpose
- Follow-up and conduct the scheduled calibration of workshop measuring tools & devices to obtain accurate data
- Assess the performance status of workshop machinery and facilitate the service and maintenance when required
- Supervise and ensure the maintenance of facilities (Water lines, Electric system, Fire alarm, Fire extinguisher & etc.) in the project premises
- Act as driver mechanic when deemed necessary
- Undertake other activities when required
Qualifications Required: Diploma, Level III/Level IV in Auto Mechanic or Automotive Electricity and certified by National Assessment (CoC)
Work Experience: At least Four (4) years of total experience, out of which two (2) years in the area of auto mechanics training to the youth group and additional two (2) years of practical experience on vehicle service and maintenance work
Technical Skills And Abilities
- Strong knowledge of Asset management, Vehicle maintenance, communication skill and networking with staffs at different level of organizational hierarchy is required.
- Driving skill with 3rd grade or Dry Cargo I/II
- Moderate Microsoft office skills: Word, Excel, Outlook; intermediate experience with databases moderate
- Intermediate English language skill and fluency in Amharic
- Report writing skill
- Negotiation skill
Additional Requirements: Committed to WV’s vision, mission and core values.