|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 18, 2022|
|Category|| Economics |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Orange Corners is an initiative of the Kingdom of The Netherlands that provides young entrepreneurs across Africa and the Middle East with the necessary training, mentorship, network, funding and facilities to start and grow their businesses. Specific focus is given to entrepreneurs creating innovative and sustainable solutions to local challenges and contributing to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
We partner with various stakeholders, including local, Dutch and international companies, universities, governments and other organisations. By using their local expertise, we can optimally support and strengthen the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
The program cost has been covered as scholarships by the government of the Kingdom of the Netherlands and their private partners. Therefore, signing up is free.
Their ambition is to develop and strengthen the entrepreneurship ecosystem in Nigeria. This ecosystem should enable youth to develop their business concept and become successful entrepreneurs, by providing them with the necessary opportunities, skills and access to markets.
- Be an aspiring entrepreneurs from Lagos, Nigeria.
- Be between 18-35 years old.
- Have a validated innovative business concept, not more than <2 years old.
- The product or service responds to a local challenge in Nigeria.
- The product or service relates to the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Enterprise Management Training.
- Business Incubation & Advisory Services.
- Funding for prototype development & testing.
- Mentorship & Coaching
- Receive funding of up to 40,000 to develop your business solution
Budding entrepreneurs will be selected based on the:
- Social Impact.
- Clarity of Market.
- Sustainability & Scalability of the business idea.
- Competence of the entrepreneur/team.