|Date Posted||October 27, 2019|
|Category|| Education / Teaching |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Being an employee of the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) in Ethiopia the Youth Education Training Officer is expected to represent NRC in a responsible manner and always act in accordance with NRC’s Code of Conduct.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is present in five regions in Ethiopia, providing refugees and internally displaced people with emergency relief and help them to rebuild their lives. NRC works within the sectors of Education, Shelter, WASH, Livelihood and Food Security, ICLA (Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance), and Child Protection.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Management and implementation of education activities at the camp level
· Adherence to NRC education tools and handbooks and other NRC policies
· Collecting and compiling monthly reports from teachers/trainers, instructors and Center Administrators.
· Contribute to education CC proposal development, preparation and development of annual budget and work plan and follow the implementation
· Ensure capacity building of education assistant and/or center administrator, HR and other management key skills
· Organizing and conducting training and monthly workshops and necessary in-service training for teachers, instructors and Center leader
· Represent NRC at camp level in all aspect of the camp and represent NRC at camp level
· Monitoring project implementation / activities, budget and project documents / in the field level.
· Participate in assessment to inform education project design and initiation of the new programme
· Identifying and coordinating center logistic needs.
· Represent NRC at camp level and participate in education and other related meetings i.e. / monthly camp coordination meetings, SGBV, protection and other /
· Liaises with the Center Management Committee (CMC) during follow up of learners and in mobilizing local resources to facilitate training.
· Participate in assessment to inform project design and initiation of the new program
Sensitization of communities, youth, ALP students and their parents
Generic professional competencies:
· A University graduate with a in Educational Management, TVET Education or Business Education
· A minimum of 3 years of professional experience
· Competent level of using English languages is mandatory
· Good understanding of community development and gender, education issues and/or training skills.
· Familiarity of background from Technical & Vocational Education & Training (TVET) programs is a plus
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
· Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Planning and delivering results
- Self-starter, highly motivated
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send in their application letters including updated curriculum vitae with day-time telephone number and contact details of three work-related referees through www.ethiojobs.net OR www.webcruiter.nrc.no (If it is possible, attach photocopies of the most relevant educational certificates/testimonials). Applications should reach NRC latest by November 01, 2019.
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
“Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as NRC offers attractive salary and benefit with on-the-job training opportunities!”