|October 27, 2022
built a long-term, local presence in more than 26 of countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses, and organizations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.SNV, Netherlands Development Organization, is operating in Ethiopia since the 1970s. Currently, SNV is working in eight regional states and the two city administrations of Ethiopia, providing technical assistance and program implementation in Agriculture, WASH, and Energy Sectors. SNV is an open and learning organization that focuses on improving the lives of Ethiopian through a market-based approach inclusive of women and youth. In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change including strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects.For more information on SNV's operations, visit our website: www.snv.org.Project backgroundRealizing Aspiration of Youth in Ethiopia through Employment (RAYEE) is a five-year (Nov 2019 to October 2024 inclusive) youth employment creation project which is being implemented in Collaboration with Mastercard Foundation. The overall objective of the project is to secure dignified and fulfilling employment and improved livelihoods for 240,000 youth (of which 70% are women) in urban, peri-urban, and rural targeted areas of Ethiopia.RAYEE operates in four regions and one Administration namely, Oromia, Amhara, SNNPR, Sidama, and Dire Dawa administration. 70% of the jobs are targeted for young women and 70% of the jobs are to be in Agriculture/Agribusiness sector.Purpose of the jobThe major purpose of the job is to establish a database of job seekers, selection of the target groups with stakeholders, identification of business and employment opportunities for unemployed youth, provision of life, business, and technical skill trainings, and job matching services including the formation of youth-led MSEs, facilitation of BDS services, coaching and mentoring of youth and maintaining partnership to ensure substantiality and implementation at scale in the operational areas.Job DescriptionKey Responsibilities of the Youth Enterprise Development and Employment Advisor are :
- Facilitate active participation and trust-building with communities and other stakeholders
- Spearhead the mobilization of all stakeholders and follow-up tasks of the program implementation
- Continuously identify business and employment opportunities
- Work in close collaboration with regional and local government bureaus and offices
- Facilitate the provision of basic life, business, and technical skills training
- Proactively identify enterprises and other actors for apprenticeship and on-the job training
- Provide tailored business skills trainings
- Facilitate the provision of business development services
- Link youth-led MSEs with a selected financial institution
- Engage in the identification of potential business development service providers
- Facilitate to support business start-up
- Capacitate youth-led MSEs
- Facilitate brokering and professionalization of market linkages
- Accomplish related activities to ensure the jobs created are dignified and fulfilling
- Ensure the regular project data collection and reporting timely.
- Contribute to the documentation of project lessons
QualificationsEducation And Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferably M.SC in the ﬁeld (s) of Business, Business Administration, Economics, Marketing, Agri-business, Agriculture, Entrepreneurship, Community Development and Adult Education, Rural Development, and/or related courses.
- Minimum of Five (5) years of experience in enterprise development, agribusiness development, youth employment and livelihoods, marketing, microenterprise development, community-based financial service, and microfinance.
- Good facilitation skills
- Experiences of working in NGOs; and communities at the grass root level are advantageous
- Understanding of enterprise and value chain/agribusiness development.
- Strong networking, partnership, and interpersonal skills
- Training planning and delivery skills
- Excellent understanding of the culture and ways of living of target communities
- Speaks the local language ﬂuently
- Good written and spoken English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and excellent awareness about communities, and government structure
- Good report writing skills and ability to collect and share documents, records and information.
- Computer proficiency is required.
- Ability and Willingness to frequently travel to all project locations
- Work independently and as part of the team, and work effectively with co-workers, partner agencies and the private sector
Additional InformationContract Type: NationalExpected start date: As soon as possibleDuty Station: Asela, EthiopiaContract Duration: one year with the possibility of extension based on performance and budget availability.Working at SNVSNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package; for internationals, we offer an international benefits package and to Ethiopian nationals, we offer a competitive national package. We also offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of experts.